• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paul Pierce on twitter: It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis

Heh, man I love Rondo so much. It looks like the rest of the team finally is trusting him enough to steer them all they way through the game instead of trying to wrest control from him down the stretch. Perfect fit to have an athletic pass first point to direct a team of ageing scorers. Rondo can do all the heavy lifting and the other guys can concentrate on taking good shots when they come up. Boston are going to be a nightmare in the playoffs when they get Perkins back. Really loving them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
^:)

Three good results today. Some ridiculous D by the Bulls again, 10 blocks & 15 steals.

EDIT: Smiley aimed at mike, not the ant lover.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to love the Knicks. Rondo gets 24 assists on them, Love now has a 31-31 game on them, lost 4 in a row, don't own their own first rounder for the next two years. Melo is on crack if that's the only team he wants to sign for.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'm not sure what people are expecting from the Heat this year. Really, if I were Pat Reilly I'm still thinking championship in three years. Oh and I'd be seriously thinking about trading Bosh. Most over rated player in that team.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure what people are expecting from the Heat this year. Really, if I were Pat Reilly I'm still thinking championship in three years. Oh and I'd be seriously thinking about trading Bosh. Most over rated player in that team.
bosh is an excellent offensive player, if anyone has rated him higher than that, yes he is overrated....he is not close to being in the same class as james and wade...that said, this is an incredibly disappointing start for miami...too many big egos in the locker room and on court?

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So what you guys upto these days? Me? Nothing much, just watching the Bulls get a winning record on a tough road trip and Rose breaking 'Reke's ankles, that's all.

bosh is an excellent offensive player, if anyone has rated him higher than that, yes he is overrated....he is not close to being in the same class of james and wade...that said, this is an incredibly disappointing start for miami...too many big egos in the locker room and on court?
I just wanna see the big three broken up so I can enjoy my haterade in peace.

Seriously though, I think they could start off with possibly getting rid of Spolstera (sp), they need a stronger coach who knows how to utilize all the talent they have, though that might not be the fix they need. I think what it really comes down to with Wade and LBJ, is that they're not really used to playing off the ball and keep playing the only way they know how, with the ball in their hands. I've only watched a couple of their games so far though, but those are the two biggest problems I see right off the bat. Would help if James changed his mind about post play being too boring and started using his strength and quickness to score down there.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
don't get your hopes up too soon is all i can say...:)
They can still go on to have a 50+ win season IMO, just need start by fixing some of the basics as I mentioned in my edited post.

On the Bulls, as exciting as it is to see them win after being down 15+ every game, they could really use some good offensive execution early on. Doesn't help that even if we have a good start we end up falling behind as soon as Rose goes on the bench. As much as I like CJ Watson, he's not a PG, he can't make plays. We need to pick up a pure PG* to come in for a few minutes with Watson (play him on 2) to cover Rose, or at least give James Johnson more chances. He's a better playmaker than Watson and a very good defender but you never even see him half the season.

*I'm hearing Hinrich is unhappy in Washington. Maybe they'll waive him and we can pick him up again cheap. :p