• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spurs signing Tiago Splitter is huuuuuggggggeeee. Guy is a bonafide stud. He's already one of the highest IQ players in the NBA right off the bat and has some silky smooth skills and is a good athlete for a Euro big. He's a leaner, longer and far and more skilfull player than Luis Scola his former teammate. This guy is going to take a huge load off Duncan next season.

Also anyone hear about this 3 team trade between the Suns, Raptors and Bobcats? Mind blowing stuff if they do all end up pulling the trigger on it.

edit: Also Al Jefferson to Utah. Dallas got screwed royally again. Heh,poor Dirk.

Last edited:

duffer

what does this trade involve?
Full trade was:

Toronto
Incoming Players
Leandro Barbosa
Tyson Chandler
Boris Diaw

Outgoing Players
Hedo Turkoglu
Jose Calderon
Reggie Evans

Phoenix
Incoming Players
Hedo Turkoglu

Outgoing Players
Leandro Barbosa
Dwayne Jones

Charlotte
Incoming Players
Jose Calderon
Reggie Evans
Dwayne Jones

Outgoing Players
Tyson Chandler
Boris Diaw

Was all locked up and agreed with the players themselves even notified untill MJ reneged on the deal. I can see why he did it but it's the height of incompetence/unproffesionalism to renege so late on an agreed deal. Chandler was instead traded to Dallas this morning.

Toronto the big losers out fo the pullout. Getting rid of Hedo and Calderon's rubbish deals in one hit would've been a dream come true for them.

duffer

Yo Goughy, you weren't a fans of Cousins' stroke? Check this out. It looks pretty imo, check out how fluent the arm to wrist is on release.

Only Summer League but the potential in this guy is insane. He already has skills, and he's going to get a lot more efficient as he gets older. Could be the steal of the draft this pick.

Johnners

Seen any of Patty Mills in the summer league duffer? Daily Dime on espn today suggests he's playing fairly well.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yo Goughy, you weren't a fans of Cousins' stroke? Check this out. It looks pretty imo, check out how fluent the arm to wrist is on release.
Yo duffer, I never mentioned his stroke.

On the other side, we all know about his supposed immaturity but Im not sure enough is being made of his lack of athleticism. Having long arms certainly helps but he is combined one of the worst jumpers, slowest runners and fattest players in the last 10 years of the draft. He doesnt have the abilty to compete up at and around the rim in the NBA and that will hurt him.

duffer

You said he has one of the worst jumpers you've seen. What else would you be talking about?

@Clapo, nah man I haven't. He blitzed the D League last year and couldn't buy a minute for the Blazers so I don't know if he can crack their rotation any time soon.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You said he has one of the worst jumpers you've seen. What else would you be talking about?

@Clapo, nah man I haven't. He blitzed the D League last year and couldn't buy a minute for the Blazers so I don't know if he can crack their rotation any time soon.
No, I said "he is one of the worst jumpers"

IS not HAS. Big difference that changes the whole sentance. You have misread it a couple of times now. He has a poor vertical and is slow to get off the ground and lack explosion at the elite level. Ie He does not jump very well.

I made no comment about his shot.

Last edited:

duffer

We good, just reading the word jumper as opposed to vertical in a basketball convo 99% of the time refers to their shot. Creature of habit and all.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Magic will match Bulls' offer to Reddick. Would've been a great fit for us. Brewer's interested apparently but we don't gain as much with him over Hinrich IMO.

Mike Miller to Heat as well.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So the Bulls' lineup so far:

Noah
Booz
Deng
Brewer
Rose

----------

CJ Watson
Korver
J Johnson
Gibson
Omer Asik

Its got the obvious weak spots (injury prone players, Brewer weak on offense) but man what an upgrade over last year, especially considering the depth. Would like for us to get another backup center since Miller signed with Rockets, as Noah's injury could flare up again and Boozer can hardly play defense. Asik unproven in the league as well.

Last edited:

duffer

Lakers are going very much under the radar with their signings. Guys like Barnes and Bell are being brought in simply to add to the number of big, tough options they have to d up and manhandle Lebron and Wade. Along with Artest, Kobe and Odom they have many many optionas they can throw at these guys. Heh at Bosh and Haslem going up against Bynum and Gasol.

This Lakers team is going to be fierce next season.

edit: Blake, Barnes, Bell, Ratliff added to what's already in their rotation is crazy. No more weak bench for the defending champs.

re-edit: wtf Bell joined Utah? **** that ****. Point remains however.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the lakers plugging pretty much all their holes...a bench of blake, odom, ratcliff and barnes, brown etc is pretty impressive....