• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Heres to hoping that Newcastle don't bottle it and find some excuse to keep him on, if they have any sense then they would get rid of him as soon as possible, and as Keegan has a history of run ins with him its probable we won't see him turn out for Newcastle again...lets hope so anyway.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turds like Barton should be getting heavier punishment in the first place many incidents earlier, he's getting everything given to him on a plate and he still acts like a thug. That to me makes it many times worse.

Typical of how screwed up this world is that he got off so many times instead.

cpr

International Coach
Cant see him being back in time for the start of the season, i'd bloody laugh if he got time off for good behaviour!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cant see him being back in time for the start of the season, i'd bloody laugh if he got time off for good behaviour!
Bet he doesn't serve 3 months. Someone will sign the hateful little turd too; Lee Hughes was signed by Oldham on release & his crime was far worse, tbf.

cpr

International Coach
Hughes's crime was being a ****ing idiotic muppet.

Barton's crimes are a string of violent, ****ing idiotic muppetry.

Obviously the severity of the Hughes incident isnt in question, but he never set out to kill anybody, it was an accident caused wholly by Hughes blatent disregard for, well, sanity.

Barton on the other, is a bona fida thug, deliberate in his violence. Nice to see his brother Andrew was charged at the same time. Honest to crap to think that families like that can exist, and find others to breed with......

PY

International Coach
You can rest assured that he's quite likely to get a rough ride in prison.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A cousin of Joey Barton's managed to con train seats out of a couple of mates of mine on the way to Leeds. Now obviously that's WAY low down in the Barton Hall of Crime, but the family are just the pits. Should all be sterilised thus ending the line here and now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Joey still has to go to court with the Dabo thing, right?

Anyhow pretty sad state of affairs, for unlike the plethora of scum which plays for Newcastle (Butt, Smith et cetera), Barton is actually a good footballer.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well the things i would like to see next season:

- England to have a solid start to WC qualifying
- Scholes coming out of retirement to represent England
- Manchester to defend hopefully two titles
- Theo Walcott playing more first team football

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Barton's had a lot of help. Hasn't made use of it though sadly. Very little chance he'll play for England.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Joey still has to go to court with the Dabo thing, right?

Anyhow pretty sad state of affairs, for unlike the plethora of scum which plays for Newcastle (Butt, Smith et cetera), Barton is actually a good footballer.
Hold off there on calling Butt scum. Smith, well he's originally Leeds. Someone like Owen now, yeah pretty much.

Craig

World Traveller
You can rest assured that he's quite likely to get a rough ride in prison.
:naughty:

If it is anything like US prisons, he will probably get blackmailed in handing over a lot of money to people to 'protect' him. It is sad that he can play football, but he has got what he deserved.

I hope Barton doesn't have children.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Hold off there on calling Butt scum. Smith, well he's originally Leeds. Someone like Owen now, yeah pretty much.
So your criteria for people not being scum is "being a Man Utd player"?

I'm sure Keane is a fine individual who only mistakenly broke legs and ended careers.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So your criteria for people not being scum is "being a Man Utd player"?

I'm sure Keane is a fine individual who only mistakenly broke legs and ended careers.
It obviously considers whether or not said individual is a) current liverpool player or b) previously a liverpool player. See Owen, Michael.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Here's what that post sounded like to me:

"You'd better not call a former Man Utd player scum. Well, Smith was a Leeds player, originally, so I'll let that slide. Token Liverpool dig."

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Here's what that post sounded like to me:

"You'd better not call a former Man Utd player scum. Well, Smith was a Leeds player, originally, so I'll let that slide. Token Liverpool dig."
Yeah, wouldnt disagree with that tbh, seem to see a lot of posts like that in here.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, didnt really get calling Butt scum there, quite a good professional, keeps his nose clean, doesnt have a hissy fit whenever his contract is up, very harsh IMO. Might not be the best of players (unless you speak to Pele) but dont really find many people who are better employee's.

Smiths a violent little **** mind, and I could tell a few stories as to what he gets upto off the pitch that the press didnt get their hands on (oh the life of a prem footballer, can buy off the people tellin tales with ease)