• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ryder Cup

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ryder Cup has started...

Currently
US 2 1/2
Europe 1/2

with only one of the morning fourballs remaining. Will be the first time the US have led after the morning fourballs since 1991 apparently.

Matteh

Would've said it was over barring a massive effort to close the gap tomorrow.

chalky

International Debutant
US lead 7-5 after the foursomes this morning.

You feel Europe at least need to get to evens before the singles.

grecian

Don't know how anyone can watch these matches all day long, but great stuff watching the final holes. Some of these matches are stunning.

Matteh

9-7 at the end of the Fours stuff.

Reckon it's doable, just need to not give much away and have the likes of Poulter/Garcia/Westwood firing.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
9-7 at the end of the Fours stuff.

Reckon it's doable, just need to not give much away and have the likes of Poulter/Garcia/Westwood firing.
Need to thank Mickelson for his missed five-footer, one feels.

tipping

Kim vs García - García
Mahan vs Casey - Mahan
Leonard vs Världens bästa Karlsson - Karlsson
Mickelson vs Rose - Mickelson
Perry vs Stenson - Perry
Weekley vs Wilson - Weekley
Holmes vs Hansen - Holmes
Furyk vs Jiménez - Furyk
Cink vs McDowell - McDowell
Stricker vs Poulter - Poulter
Curtis vs Westwood - Westwood
Campbell vs Harrington - Harrington

That's 15-13. Decently close. Hopefully Casey or Stenson can surprise me and Hansen finally come up with something.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Congrats USA.

Still think Clarke would have done better than Casey (1 point from three). Good for interest overseas, I suppose.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the u.s wins handily, 3 of europe's biggest ryder cup heroes, garcia, westwood and harrington come up woefully short, the way garcia crashed and burned against kim today was spectacular...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Faldo was a bit of a disaster as captain. The very single-mindedness which made him such a great player looks more like intransigence when it comes to man-management & tactical selections. Putting 4 of his best players in the last four pairings was a wrong-headed decision. The fact is by the time their games were reaching their conclusions our grip on the trophy was already gone.

I don't pretend to be an expert on golf, but it's the same principle as letting one's best penalty takers take the first ones in any shoot-out; there's no point hanging on to them because the game might be up by the time their services are required.

Poulter a good wild-card pick in all fairness tho; his 4 points was the weekend's highest return.

Fair play to the US & I wish we'd be slightly more gracious in defeat "Ooo, the crows was noisy", boo-****ing-hoo. Man up. Yes, I mean you, Westwood.