• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What NRL team do you support?

What NRL team do you support?

• Total voters

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to Carlton South primary school, which is right across the road from OKI Jubilee Stadium so am a die hard Dragons man. Met Mundine, Blacklock, Coyne and Bartram when they came down to my school.

EDIT: Those two grand final losses against the Broncos was the most painful footy losses ever for mine.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thats a shame, wouldn't actually know what it feels like to support a losing grand final team in the NRL tbh.

_Ed_

Warriors I guess, not really a NRL fan but sometimes watch their games.

duffer

thats a shame, wouldn't actually know what it feels like to support a losing grand final team in the NRL tbh.
Reckon my first breakup was less painful. Second year on the bounce was the worst, Alfie Langer singing "St George are ****" at the Grand Final party rammed it home horribly.

By the time the Storm and Manly Grand Finals came by I was used to it and expected the choke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
St George here too, although my supporting of them is rather more arbitrary than duffer's. I basically thought any team named after England's patron saint can't be all bad, so threw in my lot with them.

Burgey

St George here too, although my supporting of them is rather more arbitrary than duffer's. I basically thought any team named after England's patron saint can't be all bad, so threw in my lot with them.
Shame you weren't around in the 50s and 60s. They were amazing back then, by all reports.

Parra fan here, but got a father's day card yesterday from the little bloke with a picture of Gasnier on it because "The Parra ones were all gone dad, but I knew you liked the footy anyway". Priceless.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shame you weren't around in the 50s and 60s. They were amazing back then, by all reports.

Parra fan here, but got a father's day card yesterday from the little bloke with a picture of Gasnier on it because "The Parra ones were all gone dad, but I knew you liked the footy anyway". Priceless.
:laugh:

Classic. I'd have thought the Eels-indoctrination would've already been quite advanced by now tho.

Perm

Second year on the bounce was the worst, Alfie Langer singing "St George are ****" at the Grand Final party rammed it home horribly.
Hahaha, Dad always used to tell me about that whenever the Dragons were playing. We both hate them, so it was pretty funny to us.

In relation to the poll, I don't really support any team strongly. There are a few I like watching more than others, but I'd say the Broncos or Cowboys are my favourites. Purely because of Lockyer and Thurston.

Burgey

:laugh:

Classic. I'd have thought the Eels-indoctrination would've already been quite advanced by now tho.
It is, it is.

Young bloke said to me on the weekend "Where did Parra finish?" "11th". "Howmany teams are there?" "16" "That's not bad". "Son, that's the kind of thinking that sums up what's wrong with Parra".

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Reckon my first breakup was less painful. Second year on the bounce was the worst, Alfie Langer singing "St George are ****" at the Grand Final party rammed it home horribly.
Haha yeah, our GF loss to the Bulldogs (Chooks fan obv) was so ****in' painful.