• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What AFL team do you support?

What AFL team do you support

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suppose the Lions, if you pointed a loaded gun to my head and said "name an AFL team you support", then they would be it. But I'm not a big AFL fan though yet. Still going through the novice stages of it, trying to understand the rules, positions, tactics and the players.
Good luck with that.

Mister Wright

GAGFC

in my experience the interstate teams are the worst...certainly its pretty bad over here in Perth and when i went to watch Brisbane-St Kilda at the gabba last year the Brisbane fans are pretty bad. Heard bad things about both Adelaide teams as well.

In Victoria Geelong has a pretty bad rep, but that's a Geelong in general thing as well.
That's because the Brisbane fans are all Victorian expats, taggers on who don't love Rugby League or Fitzroy supporters.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I miss Slow Love :(

And surely, as he's from Melbourne, he's not a Crows fan. Surely.
I grew up and went to school in Melbourne also. I did live in Adelaide for a while later on, but I was a Crows fan when I lived in Melbourne. :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I know Collingwood fans are considered bogan hicks, but which team's supporters are right up there in the bogan list? In my experience, North Melbourne surely.
Collingwood and Port Adelaide. Port are probably the worst though, try going to a Showdown, half the crowd look like extras from Deliverence.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I know Collingwood fans are considered bogan hicks, but which team's supporters are right up there in the bogan list? In my experience, North Melbourne surely.
Port Adelaide, reasonably comfortably the next one I reckon.

WA fans would boo mark of the year if it was taken by the opposition.

Pothas

Had my introduction to AFL when I was in Perth, saw a couple of Fremantle games. Seem like a team I could easily support, not particlarly good, experts at losing in the last miniute etc..

Enjoyed the two games I saw live and it was a shame that I went back to England a week before the grand final. Only thing I didn't like about it was how the whole play stops when a mark is called but i guess it is something I would get used to in time.