• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chester Races

Woodster

International Captain
I am attending Chester for the horse racing this Friday, so if anyone has any tips, then please feel free to throw some my way! Much appreciated.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Back the horses with the funny names.

Sorry, that's all I've got - if you were in NZ, I'd be a lot more helpful.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Course winners are the ones to back at Chester, particularly Course and Distance. It's an unusual track, so form goes out the window, often.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Course winners are the ones to back at Chester, particularly Course and Distance. It's an unusual track, so form goes out the window, often.
Yeah, short straight isn't it? So does it favour runners who tend to be close to the pace?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, short straight isn't it? So does it favour runners who tend to be close to the pace?
It does, but the longer races is all about how they handle the tight left-handed bends.It doesn't suit horses with a long-flowing stride. It's not that dissimilar to Epsom actually.

Woodster

International Captain
It does, but the longer races is all about how they handle the tight left-handed bends.It doesn't suit horses with a long-flowing stride. It's not that dissimilar to Epsom actually.
Cheers Grecian, those tips are taken on board, and I will be sieving through the Racing Post in the morning for C & D winners, then backing those particular horses with every penny I've got on me!!!:)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I am attending Chester for the horse racing this Friday, so if anyone has any tips, then please feel free to throw some my way! Much appreciated.
Yeah, stay out of town afterwards. You'll get assaulted by the Chester City chairman.

Otherwise, bet away. Have you got seats?