• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Anti-Rugby Rubbish Club

ripper868

International Coach
I'd seriously question the credentials of a person who didn't think Rugby Union was unparallelled in terms of greatness, Kiwi or otherwise.. I wouldn't help them mend a flat tyre and I'd verbally abuse their mother in the street..
Best Person

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd seriously question the credentials of a person who didn't think Rugby Union was unparallelled in terms of greatness, Kiwi or otherwise.. I wouldn't help them mend a flat tyre and I'd verbally abuse their mother in the street..
I'd be happy to change my own tyre if that was the criteria, and my mother wouldn't be too offended once it was explained to her that you were just a rugby fan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah and as that's what the majority of Melbourne wants, that's what they should be doing. Same thing in NZ I'm guessing.
Yeah, great point actually. Last weekend England were playing a Test match, the Open was on and I think Hamilton might have won a GP. The back pages? Yeah, football.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing in particular to add, but every person I've known who went to New Zealand who wasn't from there was floored by the wall to wall Union coverage, was a major culture shock after the third or fourth in line treatment in gets in the media here. I've also heard that motor sport gets some serious coverage in New Zealand, to the point where it seems like motor sport and Union are the only sports ever shown on TV. Not sure how much there is to that.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True to an extent, for a long time motorsport was pretty much the only thing left on free-to-air TV after Sky snapped everything else up, so the attention it was given on the TV news was way out of proportion. Although come to think of it netball is another on free-to-air, and it receives massive coverage too.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ grassroots motorsport gets good coverage on the Sunday afternoon motorsport show. Aussie V8 coverage is rubbish though, shows half the racing at 11pm. If you want decent coverage of both rugby or motorsport (or cricket for that matter) you have to pay for it. Sky have a monopoly on sport in this country.

Netball games involving NZ and Australia and big events like the Olympics get shown live though on free to air tv, so basically it depend on your sport of choice.