• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NFL 08-09 Season Thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
Shocker of a score on the New England game. I actually expected Cassel to do well based on his performance last week.

Cowboys defeat the Packers to go 3-0. The toughest division in football has two undeafeated teams, and the other two lost a game within the division. NFC Beast indeed. :cool:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone who has followed Steelers since 2007 can tell that It was the Rooney's who have made BigBen their bitch. Pay 100m to their QB and **** to the line that protects him. It is a surprise that Big Ben is still playing..but that can't go for long.
1 int, 2 fumbles lost and 8 sacks for the big man backs up that he had sweet fa protection, but I loved every minute of that. Philly were brutal on him and if it continues like that for a whole season he'll be broken physically.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, all it says is, BB is just another coach and Randy Moss just another receiver. Both were made to look immortal by Tom Brady, they clearly were/are not as good as some people claim.

Swervy

International Captain
Well, all it says is, BB is just another coach and Randy Moss just another receiver. Both were made to look immortal by Tom Brady, they clearly were/are not as good as some people claim.
mmm...bit harsh really. To say Randy Moss is 'just another receiver' is somewhat inaccurate. I would need to see another couple of losses in the next two games for me to start writing off the Pats

Swervy

International Captain
great for the Vikes to get off the mark. The last three quarters we totally owned the Panthers. Our D is starting to look pretty scary

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
mmm...bit harsh really. To say Randy Moss is 'just another receiver' is somewhat inaccurate. I would need to see another couple of losses in the next two games for me to start writing off the Pats
I am not writting off pats..they are still a very good team, but much has been made of BB's coaching and how he is arguably the best ever coach and Randy Moss as the best ever reciever someone even better than the likes of Jerry Rice etc. Last year people made claims that Randy Moss should have been the MVP ahead of Tom Brady, this years shows how foolish that argument was.

Randy Moss, 'Just another receiver' bit may be harsh and I agree with that,, I should have just another great receiver but no Jerry Rice.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Didn't get to see the game but that's dismal there. Will have to see next week how Cassel does.

duffer

Can't realy fault today on McNabb, thought he marshalled things well enough but our defence was average personified especially in that second term.

Really excited by Desean Jackson though. Lots of pace and power but for me looks really smart in his movements as well. Really awesome finish to that game though, Bcukhalter is no Westbrook and it showed at the end when he couldn't finish. Credit to Orton though, he had a great game especially in the first half. Ah well, 2-2 when we could've conceivably been 4-0, could turn out the story of the season.

Oh and wtf Favre!? Only seen the highlights but that was awesome. What a guy!

99*

International Debutant
Man sometimes I hate the Chargers. Leave it to the last quarter to beat the Raiders. Damn Nate, miss two field goals. Rivers disappointing in this game as well.

On Favre, thanking my lucky stars it didn't happen last week.

In other news, Denver will not make the playoffs, losing to the Chiefs should make them ineligible imho. Bills look alright and the Rams will ruin Colt Brennan' (sp?) NFL life, if he enters the draft this next year.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Skins surprising me so far too. Worried about facing them next week itbt.
Gained respect for them for sure. They proved they're not going to be an "also-ran" in the NFC East. They'll be right in the mix with the other 3 teams.

duffer

Another 4th quarter choke from the Eagles :(

Went ahead in the first quarter thanks to Westbrook and Desean TD's, but then contrived to let the Skins score the next 23 on us. Couldn't believe my eyes watching that unfold.

That said, Jason Campbell has made a storming start to this season. No interceptions thrown in 153 attempts this season? Madness.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Felt bad for the Texans imploding at the end like that against the Colts. It would've been a nice story to have them win their home opener.

Cowboys hold off the Bengals. Romo has looked off for the past 2 games. He's now thrown a pick in each of his last 8 games, which is currently the longest such streak. Very worrying. If he wasn't throwing all those TD's to go with the picks, there would be major turmoil in Big D.