• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NFL 08-09 Season Thread

1-9-7-7

International Regular
But he told the entire world he was leaving for good though ffs.
Aaron Rodgers was told right away that he's carrying the offense from now on. And just because the Farve decides he doesn't wanna finish he should be just given the job back? It's not fair on the entire team imo. IMO Green Bay should just let him go instead of holding out for money, but allowing him to take starting position again is ludicrous to me.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Yeah but it's not as if it's 2 years down the road he deciedes to un-retire, he's still a quality player and I'd have him starting for GB anyday of the week and so would a lot of other people. I don't think he should just be given the job either, let them compete and see who deserves it, like in any form of work. This said looks to me more so now than ever that he's never going to play for the packers again.

99*

International Debutant
Word on the street is that Green Bay and Tampa Bay are working out terms for a trade, 2and rounder and either Garcia or Sims for Favre. ITSTL, wonder how long it takes the Bucs to trade him to the Viks for TJac and a second rounder :p

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Word on the street is that Green Bay and Tampa Bay are working out terms for a trade, 2and rounder and either Garcia or Sims for Favre. ITSTL, wonder how long it takes the Bucs to trade him to the Viks for TJac and a second rounder :p
Haha they even covered that option in the trade to the Jets, it would cost the Jets 3 1st rounders :laugh:
Since it became clear Favre wasn't going to play in GB, I'm glad this got resolved sooner rather than later and he can get to learning the Jets play book and hopefully meet the Packers in the Superbowl :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
But he told the entire world he was leaving for good though ffs.
Aaron Rodgers was told right away that he's carrying the offense from now on. And just because the Farve decides he doesn't wanna finish he should be just given the job back? It's not fair on the entire team imo. IMO Green Bay should just let him go instead of holding out for money, but allowing him to take starting position again is ludicrous to me.
Even Michael Jordan came back, Twice, Imran Khan did it once. Many players announce their retirement and then come back. Its not a crime. Favre was willing to compete for the starting job but the way Packers handled the whole issue was simply pathetic and upset him much. Offering him 20M to stay away from the game ? It is the most ridiculous and insulting thing to do to a player who played the game with so much pride for 16 years.

I would have felt very sad had Favre taken that Offer (which sounded more like a Bribe).

I am very Happy for the guy and the Jets Organization. They have been showing a lot of willingness to win and making every effort towards getting better. Hopefully they will have success this year and make the play-offs.

99*

International Debutant
Wasn't too happy with the Chargers game against the Seahawks, our D looked like a high-school team. At least Rivers is looking the goods with some arm strength and his reads, just hoping he stops thinking Chambers is the only reciever out there. Also, Darren Sproles looks gun, almost LT-like against SEA's first D.

Merriman injured (as most of you should know) and looks unlikely to play at all this season, must say it's the best thing for Merriman and in the long run the Chargers as well, given I do not think we can afford him for much longer I would hope he stays healthy and is traded for a possible #1 round pick.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah , it seems like forever...I have never felt an off season so long. I will be a tired man after jumping bandwagons week after week. Go Bandwagon Jumpers and the Giants...!!!

Oh and Culpeper threw another Interception today......After Randy's departure from Minnesota , too many interceptions for the strong arm man...His threw the final pick of his career to Adam Schefter. Well Done Daunte..Its sad to see you go..but you did entertain us during your stay with Vikes. Hope you do well in your career.

Swervy

International Captain
Just a few hours away to the big kickoff (I never count the first game on the Thursday)....unfortunately, I am not going to be able to watch the Vikings/Packers game tomorrow night....but if we are ever going to win in Green Bay, this it it, it won't be cold, new starting QB for them, our vamped up DL.

We will probably lose!!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
We will probably lose!!!!
Are you really a Vikings fan ? I mean when they were weak, you predicted them to win and now that they are easily the better team you predict them to lose ?

Vikes to win, easily. :)

Swervy

International Captain
Are you really a Vikings fan ? I mean when they were weak, you predicted them to win and now that they are easily the better team you predict them to lose ?

Vikes to win, easily. :)
It is a trait of a Vikings fan to think the worst!!!

To be fair to the Packers, I think things are pretty even for this game.

I am still concerned about Tavaris Jackson, I am concerned how the left side of the OL will cope without McKinnie. I am concerned that AP will be an all or nothing type of back (see back end of last season)...I am concerned that age might start catching up with big Pat Williams, Darren Sharper and Antoine Winfield.

Being a Vikes fan makes me a major worry merchant between the months of September and January

Swervy

International Captain
Interesting game developing between Kansas and the Pats. 11 mins to go, Pats up just 14-10, Brady out of the game, Chiefs have the ball. Now considering KC were expected to do absolutly nothing this season, if they could pull this one out of the bag, it would go down as one of the bigger upsets of the last few years. The fact that that Pats have been held to just 14 points so far at home is some acheivement for KC

99*

International Debutant
Gutted, Chargers lose the game in the last two seconds. Our D needs a serious kick up the *** if we are going to get near the SB.

On a side note, Phillip Rivers looking very good.

AND, Tom "I'm to ***y for my child" Brady may be out for the season. Good job.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
If Brady is gone for the year, AFC now becomes anyone's game. The Jets, led by Favre, now have the chance to win the AFC East.

Over in the NFC, both the Cowboys and the Eagles looked dominating. They clash next Monday night. Can't wait! :)