• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Betting

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Have noticed quite a few posters talking about betting and the like, and was wondering what agencies you guys used? I've been looking into betting a bit, mainly on Football, AFL, Cricket and the like, but can't decide who to use. Or is it a matter of whose giving the best odds? Any advice appreciated, cheers.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The New Zealand TAB, obviously. The finest establishment in the Southern Hemisphere for both totalisator pari-muteul and fixed odds betting.

Or so the literature would tell you.

Not quite so hot on the equalisator or the range of options, bet types or fixed odds but, c'est la vie.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Lasseters and Betfair. Sportsbet are also good because they make so many mistakes. Took them for a ride again today.

Make sure you let me know before you join up. Could use a referral.

Hit me up on MSN if you can. henri_porte69[AT]hotmail[DOT]com

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The New Zealand TAB, obviously. The finest establishment in the Southern Hemisphere for both totalisator pari-muteul and fixed odds betting.

Or so the literature would tell you.

Not quite so hot on the equalisator or the range of options, bet types or fixed odds but, c'est la vie.

Ditto. What a bunch of great guys they are.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just put this on:

Men's 100m Gold Medal Winner 1 U Bolt (JAM) @$2.30
Equestrian - Team Jumping Gold Medal Winner 2 USA @$5.00
Kelt Capital Stakes Futures Win (04/10/08) 37 Princess Coup @$6.00
Gold Medal Winner 1 J Gomez (ESP) @$2.30

$5 to return me about $750.

Craig

World Traveller
I have had a punt before with bet365.com but not for a while though. My best bet was placing $10 on Liverpool to beat Bolton 3-0 and it turned into $160 plus the $10 I had for 'pool to win. Unfortunatly I'm not hardcore enough to bet more.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Had $1 on a Leeds/Warrington multi to try and get the cents out of my Sportingbet account. Those ****s never fail to steal my money. :laugh:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just put this on:

Men's 100m Gold Medal Winner 1 U Bolt (JAM) @$2.30
Equestrian - Team Jumping Gold Medal Winner 2 USA @$5.00
Kelt Capital Stakes Futures Win (04/10/08) 37 Princess Coup @$6.00
Gold Medal Winner 1 J Gomez (ESP) @$2.30

$5 to return me about $750.
Halfway there - come on, Gomez!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've tended to find the sport i've been most successful with has been, by some distance, cricket. There's all kinds of loopholes to exploit. When India prepared that ridiculously poor pitch for the third test against SA earlier this year, William Hill had the draw as favourite and India at 6/4 despite being nailed-on certainties for the game. The only other time i've bet close to the amount i had on that game was for South Africa to win the test series this summer. Sadly i've probably squandered about half of what i won from those two incidents on speculative little accumulators over the years.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Just tracked all my deposits and withdrawals from my bank account and compared them to the balances in the various betting accounts. I'm up by $200 for the year. Have made a killing on the NRL but lost quite a bit of that betting on AFL and Formula One.