• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Tennis Players - anyone Interested ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
We have had some great battles @ CW - How about another battle, a Battle of Tennis Players @ CW ??

IMO it will be a great battle and as there have been many great players in this immensely popular sport. Ideas, Interests ??

If there is enough Interest, then we can start with the nominations in this thread and then have a new thread for the 'Battle' itself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****in' eh! Great idea. Maybe just keep it to men's? Or do you want to include women's as well?

I'll start some nominations, from the obvious to the less so:

Goran Ivanisevic
Marat Safin
Pete Sampras
Andre Agassi
Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Pat Rafter
Michael Chang
Boris Becker
Stefan Edberg
Gustavo Kuerten
Jim Courier
Ivan Lendl
Bjorn Borg
John McEnroe
Tommy Haas
Pat Cash
Rod Laver
Mats Wilander
Roy Emerson
Jimmy Connors
John Newcombe

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@Jono (Duffer - Good Idea, Change your nick) - I would like to include the Women as well, but again I will leave it to the members. If the majority feel otherwise, I think we can go ahead with the Men's only.

Can we set some criteria as well ? For example :-

1. Has At least one Grand Slam Title.
2. Has been a no. 1 at some point in his career (Jono - Just to Keep Nadal out)

No seriously, I like the following Criteria :-

Has at least one Grand Slam Title or Has been a No. 1 at some point in his career.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nominate Marcelo Rios then.

EDIT: Cos he's the only non Slam winner to ever be #1.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
****in' eh! Great idea. Maybe just keep it to men's? Or do you want to include women's as well?

I'll start some nominations, from the obvious to the less so:

Goran Ivanisevic
Marat Safin
Pete Sampras
Andre Agassi
Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Pat Rafter
Michael Chang
Boris Becker
Stefan Edberg
Gustavo Kuerten
Jim Courier
Ivan Lendl
Bjorn Borg
John McEnroe
Tommy Haas
Pat Cash
Rod Laver
Mats Wilander
Roy Emerson
Jimmy Connors
John Newcombe
what was the reason for including him Simon ????? :unsure:

biased indian

International Coach
thing is with women involved it will be a lot close i think....

a sampras vs navarathilova or federer vs graf will not be easy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
His legacy in Virtua Tennis is amazing. Plus he's been in all Smash Courts I think as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
His legacy in Virtua Tennis is amazing. Plus he's been in all Smash Courts I think as well.
Haha I always used him in Virtua tennis, I actually dug that out the other day after watching Rafa win. His forehand was so unbeatable, it was so powerful you could pretty much hit anyone elses serve straight back down the line if you timed it right, actually made games when you weren't serving easier than those when you were. Think I'll have to play that some more this evening, in the mood for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.