• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Rugby League?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Actually it's a fair bit longer. An average quarter in AFL is around 30 minutes, even though the official time is 20, because of the various things that cause the clock to stop. So the game has around two hours of actual playing time. Probably one of the reasons other than unfamiliarity with the game that causes it to seem to drag on. Similar to Basketball in that way (and other ways actually), where the quarters only take 12 minutes each but the actual game is more like 90 minutes or more.

Then again, Rugby League seems to take forever to me too, hence the headbutting idea. Same basic flow to the gameplay, just without the filler.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Having read Wright's sensational thread, I've thought on the issue of reduced length formats a bit and come up with a related idea.

20/20 Rugby League

For those like myself who find the world's second slowest football code rather dull, I thought we could spice up the matches a bit with an abbreviated format. Instead of 80 minutes of end to end tackling and such, just have a group of players from each team headbutt each other in the face twenty consecutive times. Afterwards, whoever among those left standing can read a line from Great Expectations with the smallest amount of slurring and drooling is declared the winner.

Thoughts?
:laugh: This is possibly the funniest post ever on CW!

Craig

World Traveller
All I say in regards to league, look at Israel Folau's try in the first half and and Billy Slater's take of an ariel bomb midway through the 2nd half and tell me skill, bravery or courage does not apply in NRL?

Hell even Kevin Sheedy said after watching Greg Inglis play for 10 minutes that Inglis would make it as an AFL player.