• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Sports Stars

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
who are your favourite sports people??

mine are in no particular order:

David Coulthard (F1)
Kimi Raikkonen (F1)
Nick Heidfeld (F1)
Daniel Hantuchova (Tennis)
Tommy Haas (Tennis)
Rainer Schuttler (Tennis)
Darren Lockyer (Rugby League)
Michael De Vere (Rugby League)
Phil Graham (Rugby League)
Matthew Hayden (Cricket)
Adam Gilchrist (Cricket)
Marcus Trescothick (Cricket)
Tiger Woods (Golf)
Stuart Appleby (Golf)
Sharelle McMahon (Netball)
Wayne Rooney (Football)
Harry Kewell (Football)
David Trezeguet (Football)
Ryan Giggs (Football)

Ill probably add more when i think of them.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Lleyton Hewitt
Dizzy Gillespie
Brett Lee
Michael Bevan
Stuart Maxfield
Mark Taylor
Stuart Appleby
Adam Scott
Miroslav Klose
Michael Ballack

PY

International Coach
People I admire a hell of a lot
Lance Armstrong
Paula Radcliffe
Dean Macey
Andy Flower
Henry Olonga

People I like to watch
Brian Lara
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Michael Vaughan
Darren Gough
Jonny Wilkinson
Jason Robinson

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket: Lara, Sarwan, Tendulkar, Stewart, Jonty :), Gough

Baseball: Barry Bonds, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz

Basketball: Jordan, Chris Webber, Steve Nash, David Robinson

Hockey: Jon Sebatien Giguiere (sp?)

Football: Beckham, Schmeichel (sp?)

Tennis: Pete Sampras

Swimming :) : The Thorpedo

Track (100 and 200m) : Ato Boldon

Golf: Tiger Woods, Stephen Ames

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Cricket: Imran Khan

Basketball: Scottie Pippen (most intelligent basketball player)

Baseball: Felipe Alou (wise old man, and one of the most sincere and honest peoploe in sports)

Tennis: Steffi Graf (the sports personality I admire the most I think, so stylish and charismatic)

I just realized I am getting old :)

Mr Mxyzptlk, how come you like Stephen Ames? He is not very famous and he is from Calgary I think.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Cricket : Allan Donald, Jacques Rudolph, Neil McKenzie, Daren Ganga, James Anderson, Herschelle Gibbs, Andy Blignaut

Baseball : Sammy Sosa, Nomar Garciaparra, David Eckstein

Rugby: Johnny Wilkinson, Tom Voyce, Naas Botha, Joel Stransky

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Lance Armstrong
Brian Lara
Claudia Riegler (Ski Racing)
Daniel Carter
Alf Langer
Rebecca Rolls

and so many more that I can think of.

Claudia and Dan are because I know both reasonably well.

Agent TBY

International Captain
F1 :
The McLaren team
Jenson Button

Football :
Ram Van Nistelrooy :P
Julius Aghahowa
Javier Saviola

Cricket :
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Adam Gilchrist

NBA:
Tim Duncan
Jason Kidd

WWe [Someone had to go there]
Benoit
Angle
Los Guerreros

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lara
Sachin
Glenn McGrath
Corky
AA
Henry Olonga
Andy Flower

Nick Froggatt
Rudy Kazimakis
Paul Moor
Phil Scammell
Donna Adams
Kirsten Penny
Tim Mack

Brian Clough
Colin Todd

Ayrton Senna
Jim Clark
Jackie Stewart

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Rugby Union
Jonny Wilkinson (and it's without an h!!)
Matt Dawson
Ben Cohen
Will Greenwood
Richard Hill
Josh Lewsey
Football
Peter Schmeichel
James Beattie
Rob Green (Norwich City)
John Arne Riise
Carlo Cudicini
Iker Casillas
Cricket
Matt Bulbeck
Marcus Trescothick
Ian Ward
Ian Blackwell
Brian Lara

I'll probably think of more eventually!:D

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Originally posted by Langeveldt Baseball : Sammy Sosa, Nomar Garciaparra, David Eckstein
Forgot Eckstein. He's another one of my favourite players. Most of the Angels are.

masterblaster

International Captain
Cricket

Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Adam Gilchrist, Herschelle Gibbs, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Ajit Agarkar, Henry Olonga

Football

Ryan Giggs, Thierry Henry, Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Tennis

Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Kim Clijsters, and many more...

Professional Wrestling

Paul Levesque (Triple H), The Legendary Ric Flair, Steve Williams (Stone Cold Steve Austin), Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Dwane Johnson (The Rock)

F1 Racing

Team McLaren

Agent TBY

International Captain
Triple H sucks.......and hes now gonna marry Steph so here we go:

And introducing The world Heavyweight,WWe,Intercontinental,European,Hardcore,US,Cruiserweight and Women's champion Triple H!

masterblaster

International Captain
Papa Shango,

Wrestling is Purely Entertainment , and is make believe, like movies etc.

The real life persona's do not match their in ring persona's.
Paul Levesque personifies a hard working, dedicated and extremely talented entertainer and athlete.

His in ring skills are second to none, and his mic work and how he convinces people to boo him (him being a "bad guy") are unbelievable.

When Triple H comes out, the tempo picks up, and his presence in the ring, or on TV boosts ratings. Remember when he was injured for 8 months, ratings were down, he came back to Madison Square Gardens, got a standing ovation.

I just respect the guy fully, for being dedicated and talented as he is.

Agent TBY

International Captain
You need not tell me wrestling is make believe...

Triple H is a hard-working dedicated-to-his-own-career ******* who refuses to job to younger talent to put em over.If it wasnt for him RVD and Kane would be main-eventers right now.

He is past his prime[where i must admit he was awesome],his matches are extremely slow...his mic work is as interesting as watching paint dry...and the reason ppl boo him is because he is boring.

When Triple H comes out...the tempo slows down to that of a snail...watched the HHH Nash brawl the other day???It was awful and please let that be the last...and did u attribute him to ratings???Please,the worst RAW rating ever was for the one with his necrophilia angle in...and the ratings drop while he was gone was for the failed invasion angle...if he was in it wouldve failed even more miserably...the standing ovation was for what he was...before his injury when he wasnt the manipulative bastard he is now.You know why he's been champion for so long?Because he uses his influence on the boss' daughter..and he only jobbed to Michaels because he was his "good" friend,

I respect the guy fully..for what he was and all that he contributed to this field but Paul Levesque needs to be exactly that...Paul Levesque he needs to hang up his boots and hand over the spotlight to the younger generation of which WWe has excellent talent of.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well, Papa Shango, I do agree with you on most parts of what you said. But whether its sports, entertainment or sports entertainment, its survival of the fittest.

Triple H came up the hard way, and I really dont know anything about sports/backstage politics at all, so I didnt really think about that. I agree the necrophilia angle was hideous, absolutely disgusting, but its the creative teams fault for heading into that direction.

I agree his current direction isnt as good as his days in DX, or when he was "The Game" (by himself), but still I respect the guy for what he has done in his career, as he has always been the hardest working guy on the roster, and not relying on the same cheesy sayings and pops that other superstars get.

Anyway, thats my two cents.....:)

Back on to the real topic!!!!

Your Favorite Sports People!!

(Sorry folks for having to bear with my ranting)

:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

I don't think I'll ever understand why people watch wrestling. It may just be me, but I find it hard to enjoy sweaty, muscular men in tight, skimpy underwear grabbing each other and grunting. What's the big deal?