• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ultimate 17

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd replace Reece Robinson with Justin Carney and Tim Moltzen with Ben Barba. From what I've seen of the under 20's they look like excellent prospects.
Yeah, Reece Robinson has been caught out of position on defence way too often.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd replace Reece Robinson with Justin Carney and Tim Moltzen with Ben Barba. From what I've seen of the under 20's they look like excellent prospects.
Yeah no doubt Carney is a better prospect than Robinson, I just wanted to pick players who have debuted in NRL this year, I know Carney is on an extended bench tomorrow, would like to see how he'd handle first grade because yeah he's looked great in the couple of games I've seen of him, and heard lots of good things about him too.

Same with Barba, it was tough between him and Moltzen.

If I was just picking a bunch of players with no more than this years NRL experience and was picking a side for the future I'd have players like Carney, Filiga, Tomone, Matt Mundine, John Kite in my squad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Justin Hodges
2. Colin Best
3. Steve Michaels
4. Chris Lawrence
5. M. Taulapapa
6. Brett Seymour
7. Matthew Head
8. Carl Webb
9. Michael Ennis
10. F. Moi
11. Corey Parker
12. Corey Payne
13. John Sutton
14. Preston Cambpell
15. David Taylor
16. Daniel Conn
17. David Shillington
I've never seen anyone rate Taulapapa and Payne before, is there any real reason or would they just be cheap?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Payne is absolutely shocking. Taulapapa has been for the majority of his career as well, although he's been better this year.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1. Brett Stewart
2. Micheal Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Bell
5. Chris Hicks
6. Micheal Witt
7. Travis Burns
8. Brett Kite
9. Micheal Monaghan
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Adam Cuthbertson
13. Glen Stewart

14. Steve Menzies
15. Jason King
16. Aaron Cannings
17. Josh Perry

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah no doubt Carney is a better prospect than Robinson, I just wanted to pick players who have debuted in NRL this year, I know Carney is on an extended bench tomorrow, would like to see how he'd handle first grade because yeah he's looked great in the couple of games I've seen of him, and heard lots of good things about him too.

Same with Barba, it was tough between him and Moltzen.

If I was just picking a bunch of players with no more than this years NRL experience and was picking a side for the future I'd have players like Carney, Filiga, Tomone, Matt Mundine, John Kite in my squad.
Think Carney proved yesterday he'd make this team quite easily and despite debuting so late in the season, if he gets enough games should almost win rookie of the year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Think Carney proved yesterday he'd make this team quite easily and despite debuting so late in the season, if he gets enough games should almost win rookie of the year.
Yeah agreed. Slots into the centres for sure now.