• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multi-Sport Quiz Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Who wore the number 7 jersey for Arsenal before Robert Pires?
EDIT: as in who had that number designated to them prior to Pires, and post David Platt.

biased indian

International Coach
  1. Who first scored a century and took 10 wickets in the same test match?
  2. Who did Bjorn Borg beat for his first Wimbledon title?
  3. What sporting event was the subject of a Dennis Waterman film?
  4. Yellow jersey which identifies Tour de France leader was introduced in 1919 why was the color yellow chosen ?
  5. What was the name of the 1966 world cup football Mascot ?
  6. Name the first person to win six gold medals in one World Swimming Championship?
  7. In an International Athletics Event how many throwing disciplines are there?
  8. What sport will be played at Horse Guard's Parade when London hosts the 2012 Summer Olympic Games?
  9. Who are the current men's Field Hockey World Cup holders?
  10. Who are the current holders of the African Cup of Nations?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Who first scored a century and took 10 wickets in the same test match? Gah, should know this. Going to say Sobers.
2. Who did Bjorn Borg beat for his first Wimbledon title? John McEnroe
3. What sporting event was the subject of a Dennis Waterman film? No Idea. Coach Carter? :p
4. Yellow jersey which identifies Tour de France leader was introduced in 1919 why was the color yellow chosen ? No idea. Because it Stands out? :huh:
5. What was the name of the 1966 world cup football Mascot ? Phil
6. Name the first person to win six gold medals in one World Swimming Championship? Michael Phelps (Spitz did it at the Olympics, but I don't think he did it at a World Champs)
7. In an International Athletics Event how many throwing disciplines are there? 4
8. What sport will be played at Horse Guard's Parade when London hosts the 2012 Summer Olympic Games? Archery
9. Who are the current men's Field Hockey World Cup holders? Pretty sure it's Australia
10. Who are the current holders of the African Cup of Nations? Egypt

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1) Wilfred Rhodes
2)
3)
4) To stand out
5) Pickles
6) Johnny Weissmuller
7)
8) Archery
9) Germany
10) Ivory Coast

urgh tricky

99*

International Debutant
  1. Who first scored a century and took 10 wickets in the same test match?
  2. Who did Bjorn Borg beat for his first Wimbledon title?
  3. What sporting event was the subject of a Dennis Waterman film?
  4. Yellow jersey which identifies Tour de France leader was introduced in 1919 why was the color yellow chosen ?
  5. What was the name of the 1966 world cup football Mascot ?
  6. Name the first person to win six gold medals in one World Swimming Championship?
  7. In an International Athletics Event how many throwing disciplines are there?
  8. What sport will be played at Horse Guard's Parade when London hosts the 2012 Summer Olympic Games?
  9. Who are the current men's Field Hockey World Cup holders?
  10. Who are the current holders of the African Cup of Nations?
1- Guess Botham.
2- Ilie Nastase, 1976.
3- NFI
4- NFI
5- Willie.
6- NFI
7- Hammer, Shot, Javelin, Discus. 4. (Most likely missed something stupid)
8- Volleyball? (Only thing that makes sense.) EDIT: ****, archery, how did I miss that?
9- The Netherlands?
10- Egypt.

biased indian

International Coach
separate jersey was chosen to stand out i am asking the reason why yellow color was chosen

And hope we will get a minimum of 10 people in

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
1. Who first scored a century and took 10 wickets in the same test match? Hadlee
2. Who did Bjorn Borg beat for his first Wimbledon title? duuno
3. What sporting event was the subject of a Dennis Waterman film? duuno
4. Yellow jersey which identifies Tour de France leader was introduced in 1919 why was the color yellow chosen ? Some guy liked it? :p
5. What was the name of the 1966 world cup football Mascot ? Dunno
6. Name the first person to win six gold medals in one World Swimming Championship? Phelphs?
7. In an International Athletics Event how many throwing disciplines are there? 4
8. What sport will be played at Horse Guard's Parade when London hosts the 2012 Summer Olympic Games? Fencing?
9. Who are the current men's Field Hockey World Cup holders? Austrlia
10. Who are the current holders of the African Cup of Nations? Egypt

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was expecting to do terrible as I dont follow sport close to the level I used to and my interest levels are far lower. Happy to say Im quite proud to know a few of the answers.

Who first scored a century and took 10 wickets in the same test match? Botham
Who did Bjorn Borg beat for his first Wimbledon title? Illie Nastase (sp?)
What sporting event was the subject of a Dennis Waterman film? Dont know
Yellow jersey which identifies Tour de France leader was introduced in 1919 why was the color yellow chosen ? Good question. Dont know
What was the name of the 1966 world cup football Mascot ? Wold Cup Willie
Name the first person to win six gold medals in one World Swimming Championship? Thorpe
In an International Athletics Event how many throwing disciplines are there? 4
What sport will be played at Horse Guard's Parade when London hosts the 2012 Summer Olympic Games? IIRC its Beach something. I want to say football but I dont think its in. Common sense says beach volleyball
Who are the current men's Field Hockey World Cup holders? Are we talking mens? If so then Germany
Who are the current holders of the African Cup of Nations? Egypt

Last edited: