• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2008 Tipping Comp

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, by popular (well, two people :ph34r:) demand I'm going to shamelessly rehash the Union World Cup 2007 format for the round ball code this summer.

Scoring

Outcome: 3 points (e.g. Team A to win, Team B to win or draw)

Score: Spot-on - 3 points (e.g. Team A 3 Team B 1); Correct margin - 1 point (e.g. you tip Team A to win 2-1 & they win 1-0 or you tip a score draw & it's 0-0)

First goalscorer: Correct goalscorer named - 3points; Predicted first goalscorer scores goal other than first - 1 point.

Devastatingly straightforward, I'm sure you'll agree. So your tips should look something like:

Germania 2 Italialand 1
First goalscorer: Hugh Jarse

All welcome, more the merrier, tell your friends, etc...

Fixtures for week one:

Saturday, 7 June
Switzerland v Czech Republic
Portugal v Turkey

Sunday, 8 June
Austria v Croatia
Germany v Poland

Monday, 9 June
Romania v France
Netherlands v Italy

Tuesday, 10 June
Spain v Russia
Greece v Sweden

Wednesday, 11 June
Czech Republic v Portugal
Switzerland v Turkey

Thursday, 12 June
Croatia v Germany
Austria v Poland

Friday, 13 June
Italy v Romania
Netherlands v France

All tips made before KO accepted &, if you change your tip, please could you quote your original post in a new one rather than edit as it's easy to miss them. :)

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ah Hugh Jarse. There is a sea of endless possibilities when it comes to stupid names, you had to pick that one :p

Sounds good anyway. At what point will the format change? I seem to remember it did at the semi-final stage of the RWC.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ah Hugh Jarse. There is a sea of endless possibilities when it comes to stupid names, you had to pick that one :p

Sounds good anyway. At what point will the format change? I seem to remember it did at the semi-final stage of the RWC.
Quarter-finals seems to make sense. Although I am kinda winging it, so who knows...? :happy:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
It is better than nothing when there is no other football on. I don't particularly care about who wins, however, and I wouldn't care much if England were in it either. I just look out for United players tbh.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'll have a pop, as I said before.

It'll fill the time before watching the glory of League 2:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm in.

One question though..

If you tip the scoreline to be 0 - 0. And tip no goal scorers, do you get max points, if correct?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Here goes..
Just decided to do the first half of the first week fixtures to see how all the teams perform. Will obviously change some first goal scorers if I hear some of these players aren't likely to play.

Switzerland 0 Czech Republic 1
First goal scorer: Jan Koller

Portugal 2 Turkey 0
First goal scorer: Christiano Ronaldo

Austria 0 Croatia 1
First goal scorer: Ivan Klasnic

Germany 2 Poland 0
First goal scorer: Lukas Podolski

Romania 0 France 3
First goal scorer: Frank RIbery

Netherlands 1 Italy 1
First goal scorer: Arjen Robben

Spain 2 Russia 1
First goal scorer: David Villa

Greece 1 Sweden 1
First goal scorer: Zlaten Ibrahimovic

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
As I am one of the few whose team has qualified, I feel obliged to participate. Will hopefully remember to do so.