• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

French Open predictions thread

irfan

State Captain
I really, really hope that the Fed Express can pull this off. It will be a travesty if a man of his undoubted calibre, class, temperament and talent is denied a French Open.

He's a massive underdog against Nadal who is so physically menacing on clay and has an aura of invincibility about him at the Chatrier. Fed has to remain aggressive throughout the entire game and not get dragged in to long rallies, especially if Nadal has time on his forehand. I reckon he should try and play angled winners, because on clay the ball will lose pace off the surface quickly and Nadal may struggle to get his whiplash forehand around low skimming balls over fast crosscourt/down the line winners. Fed has to keep the points short and must come into the net at every opportunity and close out net balls to have any chance.

CMON ROG! YOU CAN DO IT

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Final standings:

Wright 552
BoyBrumby 516
Simon 490
Håkon 488
NUFAN 458
headhunter 450
biased indian 449
alternative 447
SirBloody Idiot 433
Clapo 300
Pratyush 283
Liam 247
Mitchell 193
Somerset 64

Congrats to Kyle. Happy enough with fourth.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha. Can't believe I won, Clay is my worst surface, but I'll take it. Don't think I've missed a tip since the 4th round.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well played Kyle, thanks for organising it again.

After a woeful start, i am happy to have ended at the middle of the table.

Mister Wright

Would be nice if we could see a litst of winners and runners up since we started the Grand Slam tipping comps. Would be interesting to see if anyone has multiple grand slam titles.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be nice if we could see a litst of winners and runners up since we started the Grand Slam tipping comps. Would be interesting to see if anyone has multiple grand slam titles.
Think ive only won one, maybe two titles.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually no one has won one twice yet

French Open 2008 - Kyle
Australian Open 2008 - Hakon
US Open 2007 - No Comp Held
Wimbledon 2007 - Matteh
French Open 2007 - Pup Clarke
Australian Open 2007 - Brumby
US Open 2006 - Marc71178
Wimbledon 2006 - Alternative
US Open 2006 - No Comp Held
Australian Open 2006 - Blaze
US Open 2005 - Simon
Wimbledon 2005 - No Comp Held
French Open 2005 - Chaminda_00
Australian Open 2005 - Pratyush

Mister Wright

Looking to be the first in July. Thankfuly the 2nd week of Wimbledon is during the first week of the holidays.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah not too annoyed with a quarter final exit [the closest quarter final loss].

Crazy that in 2005 all the slams bar Wimbledon got a run!