• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

French Open predictions thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Finals, then.

Wright 424
NUFAN 394
BoyBrumby 388
biased indian 385
SirBloody Idiot 369
Simon 362
Håkon 360
headhunter 322
alternative 319
Clapo 300
Pratyush 283
Liam 247
Mitchell 193

Everyone from NUFAN down to me can catch Wright if he tips wrong in the women's final.

Thus:

Dinara Safina (RUS)[13] vs Ana Ivanović (SRB)[2]

Has to be Ivanović for me.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hakon, we usually make the rule that you have to tip winners for the mens and womens finals before the start of the womens final. Gives more people a chance than just two on the final day.

Thus
Ivanovic (SRB)[2]
Nadal (ESP) [2]

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dinara Safina
Rafael Nadal

Just thinking in future predictions that once we get to semis and finals we should ask more bonus questions like how many sets, aces, fastest serve etc just to make it a bit more interesting at the end.

As it is at the moment there is no point in me picking the same as Wright - Nadal and Ivanovic, With the extra questions there'd need to be more thought put into it. I think Safina can get up anyways.

biased indian

International Coach
Just thinking in future predictions that once we get to semis and finals we should ask more bonus questions like how many sets, aces, fastest serve etc just to make it a bit more interesting at the end.
exactly

atleast u have a chance if bumbers and me pick the other 2 combination any one down us four have no chance of winning

i think we should be scoring 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 rather tahan going to 32,64

and have bonus questions for the set..or some thing like that QF onwards

And my pick

Ivanovic
Federer

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I agree with the current scoring system. I was well and truly out of it until the quarters. Picked a couple of upsets and got the points. The later matches are harder to pick as they're against tougher opponents, and therefore should have much more points than previous rounds.

Pick the winners and you have no problems.

biased indian

International Coach
No, I agree with the current scoring system. I was well and truly out of it until the quarters. Picked a couple of upsets and got the points. The later matches are harder to pick as they're against tougher opponents, and therefore should have much more points than previous rounds.

Pick the winners and you have no problems.
but you wont have much people intrested in it once it reaches last satges

and if u happen to miss a first round..it dont hurt you but when u mis a semifianl or QF u r out of the competition ..just ask liam he was the leader missed one round and he was last ..dont think thats a good scoring system

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dinara Safina (RUS)[13]
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]

Tipping the upset to give myself a prayer.

& I'm happy with the current system. Someone has to win & lose and the earlier rounds shouldn't be totally meaningless.