• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest English football XI

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Messi could very well & make an All-time Argentina XI when his career is over, but Ronaldinho not making the final cut shows what class Brazil have had in their ranks over the years..
Think I showed in the Messi thread in fact how highly I rate him, however Ronaldinho at his peak a couple of years ago was light years ahead.

chalky

International Debutant
A) He was the most talented English winger of his generation, the only thing that stopped him from getting 100 caps like Beckham was an incredible succession of injuries.

B) He only ever got 12 caps, 4 of those after Hoddle was sacked as England manager.
Anderton was quality for England especially during France 98 considering he was slammed by the Press & Public as he kept Beckham out.

On the downside though he was considered the thickest footballer to ever play for England, think Rio might have taken that title now, apparantly Anderton's chat up line was "see this watch (would raise hand & point to watch) 5 grand not even a weeks wages that".

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Alfred Di Stephano

Whould you consider him an Argentine or Spaniard when considering for an all-time national squad?. I put him in Argentina because reading about him transfer saga in going to Spain if it had occured in modern times he wouldn't have switched nationality like that.

But on uefa.com Spain consider him their Golden Player of the last 50 years.