• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Euro 2008

biased indian

International Coach
Less than 25 days to go...

what do you guys think who are the favorite's...this time around ???

Group A

Czech Republic
Portugal
Switzerland
Turkey

Group B

Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C

France
Italy
Netherlands
Romania

Group D

Greece
Russia
Spain
Sweden

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Still going ahead with it then? Total waste of time, clearly.

Jerry has a pretty creamy group, in fact they're favourites I believe, but you'd think the winner will probably come from Group C & they'd preferrably play in orange.

Italy to exit in the group stage is my semi-maverick punt & Spain losing on pens in the quarters my banker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'll say Holland, Germany or Portugal to win the whole thing, would be happy with any of them winning it tbh, but i'll be supporting Germany throughout. Doubt Italy will repeat the sucess of two years ago.

Craig

World Traveller
I'll say Holland, Germany or Portugal to win the whole thing, would be happy with any of them winning it tbh, but i'll be supporting Germany throughout. Doubt Italy will repeat the sucess of two years ago.
So as long Marco Materazzi is not required to take penalties :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Its a miracle imo, that Marco "the matrix" is even considered good enough for the international scene at this stage of his career, how the likes of Barzagli are overlooked in favour of this idiot is anyones guess.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
who are the seeded teams in group C ????
Netherlands were seeded. Bit stupid really, the top seeded pot was made up of arguably the three weakest teams in the competition + the best team under the UEFA system (which is a bit stupid as it only counts qualifying games too). Then France came from the weakest pot as they've been rubbish in qualifying recently. Don't think it'll be quite as tough as people make out though, Italy & Netherlands should make it through fairly easily.

Russia to win imo. Spain won't even make the quarters.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Netherlands were seeded. Bit stupid really, the top seeded pot was made up of arguably the three weakest teams in the competition + the best team under the UEFA system (which is a bit stupid as it only counts qualifying games too). Then France came from the weakest pot as they've been rubbish in qualifying recently. Don't think it'll be quite as tough as people make out though, Italy & Netherlands should make it through fairly easily.

Russia to win imo. Spain won't even make the quarters.
Yer Frogs had rather the better of their games in qualifying, it must be said.

& I assume you're jesting WRT Mother Russia; they're dire.

biased indian

International Coach
its Germany all the way for me

the first football match of any importance i saw was the world cup final of 86..germany lost that game and ever since they have been my fav team...

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, Jerry to go out in the quarters for mine, at the hands of the czechs, thats my outside punt. Another long shot is the Spanish to make the semi's, should top their group, pot luck who they get for that though.

Stick a quid on a Portugal v Spain final. There I said it, Spain to choke at choking.

Steulen

International Regular
Interesting Citrus Fruit Loving (CFL) going on in here.

I'm actually counting on Italy & France coming through the group and Germany winning the whole thing.

My outside punt is for some more Hiddink magic and Russia making the semi's.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting Citrus Fruit Loving (CFL) going on in here.

I'm actually counting on Italy & France coming through the group and Germany winning the whole thing.

My outside punt is for some more Hiddink magic and Russia making the semi's.
Self-loathing big in the Netherlands then?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm at this point going to just inform you that we beat Holland in Constanta, and drew in Rotterdam, while France got beaten twice by Scotland. Italy and Romania to go through.

cpr

International Coach
Italy winning will be as bad as Germany winning, if not worse. Italian football is so dull and uninspiring, and for them to scrape 1-0's to a championship is soul sapping.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm at this point going to just inform you that we beat Holland in Constanta, and drew in Rotterdam, while France got beaten twice by Scotland. Italy and Romania to go through.
I'm prepared to wager my avatar on the Dutch & the French, frankly.