• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Euro 2008

cpr

International Coach
Risky bet, as i wouldnt write off the Iti's so easily, like i say, masters of the 1-0

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Risky bet, as i wouldnt write off the Iti's so easily, like i say, masters of the 1-0
I'm of the opinion that they used a couple of decades worth of spawn in winning the WC. The worst team I've ever seen to win it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd counter that, by placing emphasis on the word team. Obviously Italy didnt have the mosttalented squad of players, but what they did have was a real work ethic and pulled together to make the most of their abilities, which is the exact opposite of what France, Holland etc.. did. Not the nicest to watch, but I thought they deserved more credit than they got, and I wouldnt begrudge them winning the trophy tbh, after all the supposely superior French side couldnt see them off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still going ahead with it then? Total waste of time, clearly.

Jerry has a pretty creamy group, in fact they're favourites I believe, but you'd think the winner will probably come from Group C & they'd preferrably play in orange.

Italy to exit in the group stage is my semi-maverick punt & Spain losing on pens in the quarters my banker.
Yeah sorry what is this tournament you're all talking about?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, thought about putting a :ph34r: after it, thought about deleting it but in the end thought I'd shoot at the worst naughty ever

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Supporting the Dutch, but not expecting a whole lot.

Winner to come from Group A imo, possibly Turkey, who knows...

Craig

World Traveller
Italy winning will be as bad as Germany winning, if not worse. Italian football is so dull and uninspiring, and for them to scrape 1-0's to a championship is soul sapping.
:laugh:

And how many managers in England play 4-5-1 these days?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Do people want us to consider a proper forum for this like we did for Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006?

Steulen

International Regular
Self-loathing big in the Netherlands then?
Basically the land is divided into those who hope for the best and those who have given up hope due to Marco van Basten's antics as head coach. I am firmly in the second group.

Big problem for the Dutch is the lack of good defenders. The whole back four are second stringeres at best. If the midfield and attack work, with people like Sneijder, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Van Nistelrooy, Robben and Kuyt, they might pull of a shock win but I can't see them progress from the group.

Craig

World Traveller
Seedorf pulled out because he couldn't work with van Basten. Personally I think Seedorf is a **** who's ego is bigger then his pay packet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do people want us to consider a proper forum for this like we did for Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006?
I reckon a thread will do you know. The WC forum was mainly packed with English and Aussies, with neither in this tournament a forum might be pretty quiet. Up to you though obv, and there seem to be a fair few for it already :)

cpr

International Coach
Dont reckon it'd be any busier than the English football thread tbh, not really a need for a sub section