• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That was our run to the UEFA Cup Final, along with a heartbreaking finish to the league season due to an absurd amount of fixture congestion.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It was Leeds United's first season in League One. Fabian Delph was still on the team. Sometime later we passed on Serge Gnabry for the legendary Luciano Becchio

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was Leeds United's first season in League One
Referenced in the OP, as they were away at Tranmere (and won) on the opening day.

We had our revenge the following February though with one of our all-time great away wins. I got so drunk that I got myself ejected from the same nightclub twice in the night when we got back to Liverpool.

What a time to be alive.

We still finished like 11th or whatever. Such a standard Tranmere under Ronnie season, but given we were L1 regulars they were good times looking back

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We were established in the Championship, but idiot owners put all their eggs in the World Cup bid basket and ended up being within a week of extinction financially and one game of dropping out of the League on the field.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
because of COVID travel restrictions Norway will play Turkey in a World Cup qualifier in...Malaga, Spain

just cancel Qatar 22 already ffs

edit: sparked

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I deliberately shut this thread down early to go against protocol to start a new thread.

Yet it does contain vital talk about whether Gerard-Lampard can play together, a question that will remain forever in myth.