• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

Craig

World Traveller
Juventus are traveling to Sunderland in August for a pre-season friendly. While Aston Villa are set to bid a fortune for Diego Forlan. How many strikers is O'Neill aiming for?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd say yes too. He's getting old and not gonna win anything with Arsenal for a couple years at best.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was Scaly right in saying Arsenal should have sold him last summer? If they sell him this summer then yes IMO

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good point

John terry>>>Jamie carragher
Makalele>>>Alonso
Gerrard>>>Lampard
Reina>>>cech
Nah,

Terry>Carragher
Makele<Alonso (now)
Gerrard>Lampard (by quite a bit)
Reina=Cech

Chelsea have a better side, but for those four players, I reckon you got it wrong mate :)

Craig

World Traveller
Was Scaly right in saying Arsenal should have sold him last summer? If they sell him this summer then yes IMO
Yeah he is.

Interesting who would replace him though. Adriano, it would be a big gamble, but if they can get him back to his former self then he would probably make them (other defences) his bitch.

Majin

International Debutant
Seems like Sven is going to be the one taking over at City if you believe the paper rumour mill. Has a quality record at club level so it'd be interesting to say the least...IF he can build a decent squad, considering ours is paper thin and got gutted of most of the best players already. Keeping hold of Dunne and Richards should be a priority, too.

Craig

World Traveller
Both of them aren't as good as they're made out to be. Reina is actually only any good at penalties because he cheats, and Cech is over rated IMO, as I've been saying for a long time.
Out of interest what is it about Cech you consider over-rated? It is because he plays for Chelsea who generally has a very good defence in front of him, and I'm willing to stand to be corrected, but how many high profile errors has he made, or is it something else?

You've said that for ages but IIRC never really gone into much detail why :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Gutted that Henry's gone but can't help thinking that at £16 million, Wenger has done another shrewd piece of business. He's a great player but I think that at the end of his career, people will look back and say that his best days were at Arsenal, and that Arsenal got the better of the deal with Barca. No hard feelings towards him though - he's one of the greatest players in the world and has always given his all for the club, except for perhaps this last season.

So who to buy now, if at all? I'd like to see Wenger buy a poacher to compliment Van Persie - someone a bit like Dirk Kuyt perhaps, only better. I certainly don't think that Henry's departure will prevent Arsenal from finishing in the top 4, as they coped without him for large parts of last season, and were also without players like Gallas, Rosicky and VP for long periods as well. Hopefully Wenger will manage to sign a big name to go along with VP and Adebayor, and the front line will be well-supported on the goals front by the likes of Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and Walcott.