• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

Tom Halsey

International Coach
As Sledge predicted to me over MSN, if England get anything out of this game it will be due to Beckham.

In reality, aided by dodgy refereeing too, though game far from over, England still dodgy at the back.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thank goodness I missed most of that. I was only able to catch the game just after Coatia's 3rd, but listening to Shearer et al afterwards it sounds like we were truly dire. At least the overhyped & overpaid buggers got what they deserved. That being said, I couldn't believe SM disappearing down the tunnel ahead of his side. I always knew he was witless, but I never had him as completely spineless. Bye bye Steve - hopefully you just kept walking.

Still, at least we can now enjoy Euro 2008 next summer. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England won't make it, going for a Croatia victory for mine. If England get up I'll let you choose my avatar.
Shout, Craigos. ****.

I hate this. I know we're arse, but it still hurts. For better or worse I have a great tribal loyalty to England. Seeing us reduced to also-rans is woeful. :(

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Wow. Always had some kind of "We'll scrape through, we can't not be there." like I always have done when we've been in a bit of bother. Not this time though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a disaster by England. Losing at home to Croatia is poor, remembering this is the side Australia drew against in the World Cup.

Bring back Paul Robinson!! lol

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ England. Croatia are awesome but. Made me the richest man on CW in the Moneymakers thread when it was still around.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
I aint English but I am a little sad that they are out,because its not the same without them at the big tournaments. I love the way media builds up every English game, and the team disappoints almost every single time,until they are out in one of the knock out games on penalties offcourse and then the media,fans rightly condemn the performances only to forget about it later, and try to have fun again at the next game at Wembley and the cycle repeats. Meanwhile the FA and the players pocket hefty sum of money and think there's always next time. And unfortunately, this cycle,also repeats.

But still there are 16 teams, of which Spain is one. One parallel to draw between Spain and England... Good leagues, Underperforming National teams.

By the way cant decide which team to support at the Euros... Italy or Germany? Maybe Spain...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Will the players be sacked as well?
****ing should be. I couldn't watch last night's game thanks to the fact that I'm stuck in a tiny French town with no English bars, but if a group of players that talented can fail to qualify from a group like that then there's got to be a lot going wrong both on their part and on the part of the manager. I watched France v Ukraine, which was a dead rubber, and the France players looked like they were pretty committed to that. Sometimes I wonder whether our players even enjoy playing football.

I hate this whole debacle - I'm going to be stewing in my impotent rage over here for days, unable to rant to anyone about how ridiculous this situation is because either they're all French and just want to laugh at me, or because they're English but just don't get the whole football thing.

I'm almost glad I'm not in England to witness the media crucifixion of McClaren, it'll be brutal - obviously he's been under a lot of pressure and all that jazz that gets spouted by people who know no better, but if you can't take the pressure, don't take the ****ing job. You are clearly not good enough, Steve, so get back to managing a League One side where you belong, and the nation can attempt to move on without you.

Je déteste le foot. :@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
shambles. i try and pretend to act like I don't give a **** about these arrogant premiership ***** but it does hurt so much.

Why would you play an inexperienced GK in a game like this? Was lampard actually on the ptich, penalty aside? Crouch played well but you're not going to do anything with him as a lone forward. I have lots to say but I have to work, so I'll leave it there.... :@