• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have You/ Would you run a marathon?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, used to run but stopped when I was about 17 so never did anything beyond about 10 miles

My Dad ran loads of them, though, all over the world. Had a best time of 2h19m, which is pretty good, this was in the 80s and early 90s.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No/No.

Used to detest anything over 400m at school (used to dawdle around with the fat & nerdy kids until I put a kick on in the last 100 to make sure I wasn't last) & promised myself I'd never run long distances once when I no longer had to.

Craig

World Traveller
I have run three half marathons at 15 and 16 but not a full marathon, but at the time it was because I had to be 18 to run a full marathon.

andmark

International Captain
In my school PE lessons we usually have a few laps around my school's field (which is big) about a mile run. I mostly enjoy it.

cpr

International Coach
Used to do alot of long distance running at school, think the longest i did was 8 miles. However, my love life got in the way, and i've been faithful to the beer ever since.

Nowadays pretty much collapse if i do 2 miles. Need to get back into some sort of shape that isnt round.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Done the equivalent to a half marathon once, found it pretty tough, but that was probably due to the fact that I had done precisely zero training for it. Would contemplate doing one in the future.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I'd do one in the future, so long as I could find time to train. I'll do a half marathon when at Uni, I think, just decided now.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Done a couple of 10km fun runs. Could see myself doing a longer one once I'm fitter (get myself a montage for one...).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No/No.

Used to detest anything over 400m at school (used to dawdle around with the fat & nerdy kids until I put a kick on in the last 100 to make sure I wasn't last) & promised myself I'd never run long distances once when I no longer had to.
Haha awta. Hated the 400 as well though, preferred all the field events (except for Highjump).