• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have You/ Would you run a marathon?

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh, sorry, but the mental pictures are hilarious.
Had to withdraw from a local Badminton tourney the next week too. A pity considering the relative droolworthiness of the chick I was to partner with. :( I would have kicked myself in frustration, were it not for the damn wobbling joint preventing me from doing so.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would like to at some stage.

Chances of it actually happening are small to say the least though.

Craig

World Traveller
Did anybody see that 101 year old dude that ran the London Marathon the other day? The classic bit was when he finished he lit up a smoke and had a drink. 14 cigerettes and 8 pints of beer is what he does every day and is still going along at 101.

I guess we have no execuse otherwise.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Did anybody see that 101 year old dude that ran the London Marathon the other day? The classic bit was when he finished he lit up a smoke and had a drink. 14 cigerettes and 8 pints of beer is what he does every day and is still going along at 101.

I thought that too, until I heard there's an inquiry into his actual age, which is thought to be around 94.

I don't feel so guilty now.

cpr

International Coach
Reckon its all a bit bull tbh, i'd put him at 80 at the oldest. Its so easy to con the NHS into thinking your far older, especially if you claim to be from abroad as he does. IMO he's a massive PR stunt (and has been for the last 2 years, keeps on popping up claiming to be 'The oldest man to do X')

Langeveldt

Soutie

I'm surprised the British Government allowed that information to get out... Wouldn't want a succesful drinker and smoker now would we? Next we'll find out he drives a car!

cpr

International Coach
I'm surprised the British Government allowed that information to get out... Wouldn't want a succesful drinker and smoker now would we? Next we'll find out he drives a car!
Actually, first i saw him on the news was as a 100 year old who's still working.... washing cars.

So petrol fumes = healthy. Good news for you cyclists that.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Actually, first i saw him on the news was as a 100 year old who's still working.... washing cars.

So petrol fumes = healthy. Good news for you cyclists that.
They never get as far as smelling my petrol fumes.. Unless I'm reversing

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have climbed and stood on top of a mountain, so doing a long marathon would sort of complete things for me...