• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dwain Chambers to Join Castelford?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know there is a Rugby League thread, but this seems to big a story to stick in a thread. Just saw this on Sky Sports News, apparently widely hated drugs cheat Dwain Chambers now fancies chancing his arm in Rugby League, and Castelford are going to sign him up, as you do like.

Will try and find links, and look into whether this is tabloid talk or genuine

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have no idea. He had a crack at American Football, that's as much as I know.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seems a bit farcical to me for a 29 year old who can run fast to be signed at the top level of a sport.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's a southern lad, so I'd be a bit surprised if he's too well versed in the finer points of the 13-man code.

What's indisputable is that he can motor, so if he can be taught to catch...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's a cruel signature you have there Brumby!!! :p

I don't know loads about RL but is it feasible that he could actually be a success?

Wants to make his mind up about which sport he wants to play as well

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a cruel signature you have there Brumby!!! :p

I don't know loads about RL but is it feasible that he could actually be a success?

Wants to make his mind up about which sport he wants to play as well
No, rugby's the game you play if you want to have no skills in the game and be an instant success. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reminds me of when that Andrew Johns bloke played T20 this, but on a much bigger scale!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No, rugby's the game you play if you want to have no skills in the game and be an instant success. :ph34r:
Wendell being the exception that proves this rule, then? :p

Reminds me of when that Andrew Johns bloke played T20 this, but on a much bigger scale!
I don't doubt that there is a big element of the publicity stunt about this (not to mention it being only three days to April Fools'...:unsure:), but the chances of Chambers being a success are several times higher than they were for Joey who played (IIRC) 5th Grade cricket in Newcastle before his sudden promotion.

I can't imagine he'll ever be much cop defensively & won't be kicking many 40/20s, but if he can at least catch it's essentially a "Run, Forrest, run" scenario.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wendell being the exception that proves this rule, then? :p

I don't doubt that there is a big element of the publicity stunt about this (not to mention it being only three days to April Fools'...:unsure:), but the chances of Chambers being a success are several times higher than they were for Joey who played (IIRC) 5th Grade cricket in Newcastle before his sudden promotion.

I can't imagine he'll ever be much cop defensively & won't be kicking many 40/20s, but if he can at least catch it's essentially a "Run, Forrest, run" scenario.
Wendell was only in it for the drugs :sleep:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, from what I remember Katich refused to allow Johns any of the strike when they batted together in his first game. Speculation was he wasn't too impressed with NSW's publicity stunt.

Joey actually got 9 runs in his 2nd game & bowled one over for 9 runs which, in 20/20, isn't overly arse.