• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dwain Chambers to Join Castelford?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I thought he'd served his punishment for being a drug cheat. Making him go to Castleford on top of banning him is a bit steep.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks fetching in his new kit tho:

Meanwhile, Terry Matterson can't say enough good things about him (link to Guardian story):

"I don't know much about it, being honest I haven't dealt with it at all"

Clearly not a publicity stunt then.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF Gareth Walker in The Guardian reckons it might not be all over for Dwain & league quite yet:

rival clubs are thought to be considering a move for the 30-year-old, such has been the public interest generated by his experimental month in rugby league.

jcoops

Cricket Spectator
I think he'll be worth a shot to be honest, With that much speed he could be seen as a secret weapon for clubs, On the wing he'll be as fast as light.Maybe a handy buy for clubs in the National league.