• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fastest Premier League Player

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone checked out this on SkySports.com?

http://www.skysports.com/whoisthefastest/index.html

Kenwyne Jones the fastest without the ball (21.3 mph) and Ronaldo the fastest with the ball (20.8 mph)

Suprisingly, Rooney far quicker than I would expect.

Interestingly, Owen and Torres both faster with the ball than without according to this. :blink:

Majin

International Debutant
It says Theo Walcott is 21.2 MPH with the ball, which is even more crazy when you consider it claims his top speed without it is 20 mph flat.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I don't know how but some players just go faster with the ball. Some kind of extra push or something they get. Porbably a mental thing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Were these readings taken from matches? Would make sense that players like Owen/Torres are faster with than without ball if so

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Were these readings taken from matches? Would make sense that players like Owen/Torres are faster with than without ball if so
Yes agreed, however otherwise I'm afraid Xavier would be talking pap. However, I can't see that they would be taken from anything other than matches.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Probably something like that. Kick the ball a bit away from you and run to it and do it again. Wouldn't work if you're dribbling obviously.

ash chaulk

International Captain
they do a thing for friday night football (AFL) were players wear some heart rate stuff. Also measured how quick some were. Fevola got upto 30kph from what i saw.