• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virtual NRL 2008

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll play ONLY if you decide to use the old rules.

The new rules were crazy IMO.

Too many minus points.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imo last year was poor, i think if they use the same rules as 07 then we should just go back to the Sportal comp.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
According to the thread Wrighty posted they'll be running two comps, one with the 2004 rules & one with 2007's.

Makes no odds no me; I'll be whupping arse whichever we go for. :p

In all seriousness tho, I think it's maybe too dependent on the auction at the start. When Kyle & vic missed the deadline they were always buggered, pretty much. With the team I bought tho I could've ignored it completely all season and still made the 8.

Simon

Sorry Dale but if we play under the 2004 rules no one stands a chance against me, was pretty much a two horse race with Goffy that season and I got him in the grand final, thanks to Michael Witt's 24 point haul against the Warriors that weekend...

Burgey

I did the VNRL thing a few years ago, then it got canned through lack of sponsors or something. It was great. Shows how you can get caught up in something - I remember hanging around my office on a Friday night til about 830 to make sure I won a bidding war to get Hindmarsh in my side.
Was worth it, the other guy dropped out with 5 mins to go, so I got him for $40K, leaving plenty of room for others under the cap.
It's top stuff imo.

Simon

I did the VNRL thing a few years ago, then it got canned through lack of sponsors or something. It was great. Shows how you can get caught up in something - I remember hanging around my office on a Friday night til about 830 to make sure I won a bidding war to get Hindmarsh in my side.
Was worth it, the other guy dropped out with 5 mins to go, so I got him for $40K, leaving plenty of room for others under the cap.
It's top stuff imo.
it came back last year, wasn't as good imo but some people enjoyed it...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
it came back last year, wasn't as good imo but some people enjoyed it...
That's an understatement, it was shocking.

nearlynrl is way better then last years version, haven't played the older version though so I'm keen to try it out.

Simon

older version had no deductions, forward tries were simple (a total of 40 hit ups and tackles) and there were second string goal kickers. No other "play maker tries" etc... was simple, effective, fun and just all around awesome.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
count me in. i agree with simon that first year in 04 was great i think i came 3rd but it was good!