• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NRL 2008 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How aren't they world class? Just because only 3 or 4 countries actively participate in League doesn't mean there isn't a world class player.

Anyway, Raiders were absolutely terrible tonight.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.
Reckon CW could put together to beat Canberra on tonight's performance

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
For the record, did anyone suspect that Patten and SBW would miss tonight's game? I could see Penrith shortening progressively throughout the day and visited many websites expecting to see something about SBW being injured. Couldn't find anything though so had a tenner on the dogs. I blame the media.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Reckon CW could put together to beat Canberra on tonight's performance
Haha yeah, they were very very bad. Away from home they just don't seem to cope. Roosters weren't even that good, Canberra were just terrible and kept coughing the ball up in their own half.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Campese three year deal at the Raiders take off the table, as they join the search for Barrett. So gun, a decent five-eigth/halfback is on the market. Would prefer him to Bell tbh.

Burgey

Talk is Tate and Bell are favored for vacant wing/centre spot over Slater, due to their better defence. Would go with Slater personally as there nothing wrong with their defence in the backline and he isn't that bad anymore himself. Doubt it will make too much difference. Queensland should still win by 50 odd anyway.
I'll buy you a $2 lottery ticket if Qld win by 50.

Simon

For the record, did anyone suspect that Patten and SBW would miss tonight's game? I could see Penrith shortening progressively throughout the day and visited many websites expecting to see something about SBW being injured. Couldn't find anything though so had a tenner on the dogs. I blame the media.
SBW was ruled out around midday and I heard on the radio about 3:30 that Patten wasnt going to play, I was on Penrith big time, unfortunately I had them boxed with the Cowboys in nearly all my multi's.

Simon

Campese three year deal at the Raiders take off the table, as they join the search for Barrett. So gun, a decent five-eigth/halfback is on the market. Would prefer him to Bell tbh.
On the radio here Canberra have denied they are after Barrett, which is stupid anyway. Campese is rubbish and plays about three good games a season.

Simon

Stretching a bit to call Bird world class, you'd have thought...?
Maybe not a world class five eighth, but in the past 18 months he's shown hes in the top 5 forwards in the world. If the rumours are true that when Kimmorely leaves the Sharks Seymour (who is apparently a target of Wigan anyway) will go to halfback and Bird will play in the 6, I don't think he'll have the impact playing there every week.

howardj

International Coach
Gould's NSW Team

Stewart
Hayne
Cooper
Gasnier
Roberts
Anasta
Finch

Bird
Mason
Hoffman
Ryles
Buderus
White

- Toupou
- Gallen
- Kite
- Gidley

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That's not too bad a team considering the options. I don't rate Hoffman and personally wouldn't have him in the squad at all, but Bellamy coaching means he'll be there.

Simon

This weekend would have to be the worst standard of Rugby League in history. So many teams are just woeful at the moment.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just looking a Gould's side it is not too hard to see how many of his favorite/Roosters players he choice due to baised. Not that other coaches don't do to same, just look at some of Stuart rep selections over the years and Bennett for that matter. With that in mind it will be interesting to see how many of Bellamy's favorites get selected.

Guys like Quintin, Turner, Hoffman (but he should be there in the first place), White, Cross and Orford might have inside running on a couple positions. Will be interesting to see how many of these guys he gets into the side, considering the NSW selectors usually don't give the coaches too much say until they start winning matches or the series is on the line.