• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NRL 2008 Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
its hard to see a standout team for the Spoon, I guess thats the salary cap doing its job, of course Raiders are favourites for it but they always do enough to avoid it.
Yeah I was convinced they'd get it last year, had no doubts. Now I'm sure they won't. I'd say the Knights are probably favourites but you never know. Tigers in with a shout if Farrah goes down.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every team that is a chance has rep quality players, so it only takes someone like Sharks, Knights, Panthers, Souths, Titans, Tigers etc... to find a couple of young players and some established players to play out of their skin and they go from bottom 4 to top 4 contenders...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Eels
2 Storm
3 Cowboys
4 Warriors
5 Sea Eagles
6 Sharks
7 Broncos
8 Panthers

9 Dragons
10 Roosters
11 Raiders
12 Bulldogs
13 Titans
14 Rabbitohs
15 Knights
16 Tigers

I'm really loving the Sharks forward pack with Douglas, De Gois, Gallen, RWilliams, Thompson in it. If the halves of Bird and Kimmorley can fire they will be the big imrprovers.

Same pretty much applies with Panthers. Great pack - Petero and Woolnough will be great additions.

Such a tough comp to pick, could see any of the 16 teams make the finals really..

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
1. Storm
2. Eels
3. Cowboys
4. Roosters
5. Sea Eagles
6. Warriors
7. Broncos
8. Sharks

9. Rabbitohs
10. Titans
11. Panthers
12. Bulldogs
13. Tigers
14. Dragons
15. Knights
16 Tigers

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Cowboys
2. Storm
3. Eels
4. Sea Eagles
5. Sharks
6. Warriors
7. Broncos
8. Titans

9. Panthers
10. Roosters
11. Titans
12. Knights
13. Raiders
14. Bulldogs
15. Tigers
16. Dragons

howardj

International Coach
Terry 'Matto' Matterson will be, and should be, the next Broncos coach.

You read it here first!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cross Simpson Paterson Houston and co. must be able to do a decent enough job.

Having said that, I still have Knights at 15th, so hard though, I don't think they are as horrible as people suggest.

Griffo

Cricket Spectator
My Season Predictions

Todd Carney will not last the season with the Raiders (The whole squad hates him)
Pale Ale will be known as the funniest name for the media in quite some time
Benji Marshall will be injured once again
Greg Bird will be regarded as the best forward in the world
Dave Taylor will take the competition by force and make the origin side
The Panthers will make the Top 8
The Storm will still win the competition because they are just that DAMN GOOD!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cross, Simpson, Houston, Paterson looks a darn sight better on paper than it did at any stage last season.
You need atleast some depth in your forward if you got any chance IMO. Also those guys aren't even that great to begin with. Cross and Simpson are the only ones with a chance to play rep football. Have to be one of favorites for the wooden spoon, even if their forward pack stands up and Buderus and Gidley play the who season.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You need atleast some depth in your forward if you got any chance IMO. Also those guys aren't even that great to begin with. Cross and Simpson are the only ones with a chance to play rep football. Have to be one of favorites for the wooden spoon, even if their forward pack stands up and Buderus and Gidley play the who season.
Corey Paterson will play rep footy, a chance for Country this year but will be a Blue within three seasons imo...

Griffo

Cricket Spectator
In the International between Australia and New Zealand he had 7 line breaks... set up around 3-4 trys and not to mention knocked around the entire NZ forward pack which is a very difficult task