• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NRL 2008 Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4/7, pretty much the definition of "meh".
Pretty good result considering it's the first round and there have been a lot of player movement and teams not used to their new formations. My Dad's on two. Now that's a shocking round. But a pass is very good in the first round.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame on all those who tipped against the Chooks :p
Piss off Tim, dont a ****ing ****. Got 5/7. Missed Roosters and Sharks TBH.

I'm gonna ****ing kill Riley Brown if Wing's ruled out for 5 ****ing months TBH. Dire cheap shot.

Simon

Souths fans need to get over that tackle, sure some people might view it as cheap but there are tackles exactly the same as that every week, it just so happens it was Wing and he got injured. Every team does it...

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, you can't start penalising legal tackles, just because someone gets injured or are in a vulnerable position. League is rough, and occassionally that sort of thing happens. Anyway, how absolutely dire are the Dragons! I'm always very reluctant to blame a coach, but there is a huge discipline problem in this team which really needs to be addressed. More broadly, when you think about it, there are no real mature blokes in the Dragons outfit. They're all big kids - I don't think this helps.

Burgey

5 from 7 so far - not too bad. Went Manly and Dragons. Kudos to Cronulla - that was a seriously gutsy win. I think they'll do well this year up til August, when they'll capitulate s they normally do when they make finals.
Oh boy, Saints have massive problems, even in round one, as do the Dogs and Penrith.

Simon

Dogs showed something, forgetting the second half, to be up 20-0 against that Eels side was a good performance, theres definitely more there for them this year than I though.

Penrith and Dragons I thought would show us more than last year, again it looks like their fans have nothing to look forward to...

Simon

Thought I'd save Clapo the trouble of doing it this week...

Results

Simon - 7
DCYE - 6
Morgieb - 6
Burgey - 6
NUFAN - 6
Mister Wright - 6
Bugssy - 6
Clapo - 5
Alternative - 5
Superkingdave - 5
BoyBrumby - 5
99* - 4
Chaminda_00 - 4

Round 2 Matches
Friday 7:30pm Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane Broncos @ Sydney Football Stadium
Friday 7:30pm South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Canterbury Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium
Saturday 5:30pm Penrith Panthers vs Canberra Raiders @ CUA Stadium
Saturday 7:30pm Newcastle Knights vs Manly Sea Eagles @ EnergyAustralia Stadium
Saturday 8:30pm North Queensland Cowboys vs Wests Tigers @ Dairy Farmers Stadium
Sunday 3:00pm Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks @ Olympic Park
Sunday 4:00pm New Zealand Warriors vs Parramatta Eels @ Mt Smart Stadium
Monday 7:00pm St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans @ WIN Stadium

All Times are Australian Daylight Savings Time

Simon

Simon's round 2 tips
Brisbane Broncos
Canterbury Bulldogs
Canberra Raiders
Manly Sea Eagles
North Queensland Cowboys
Melbourne Storm
Parramatta Eels
St George Illawarra Dragons

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Roosters vs Broncos
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs
Panthers vs Raiders
Knights vs Sea Eagles
Cowboys vs Tigers
Storm vs Sharks
Warriors vs Eels
Dragons vs Titans

Johnners

Thought I'd save Clapo the trouble of doing it this week...

Results

Simon - 7
DCYE - 6
Morgieb - 6
Burgey - 6
NUFAN - 6
Mister Wright - 6
Bugssy - 6
Clapo - 5
Alternative - 5
Superkingdave - 5
BoyBrumby - 5
99* - 4
Chaminda_00 - 4

Round 2 Matches
Friday 7:30pm Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane Broncos @ Sydney Football Stadium
Friday 7:30pm South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Canterbury Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium
Saturday 5:30pm Penrith Panthers vs Canberra Raiders @ CUA Stadium
Saturday 7:30pm Newcastle Knights vs Manly Sea Eagles @ EnergyAustralia Stadium
Saturday 8:30pm North Queensland Cowboys vs Wests Tigers @ Dairy Farmers Stadium
Sunday 3:00pm Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks @ Olympic Park
Sunday 4:00pm New Zealand Warriors vs Parramatta Eels @ Mt Smart Stadium
Monday 7:00pm St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans @ WIN Stadium

All Times are Australian Daylight Savings Time
Was just about to post it up tbh, but thanks anyway.

Burgey

BTW, Melbourne's discourtesy to the Warriors in delaying their appearance at the start and after half time was seriously annoying. Poor form I reckon. Shame they didn't get belted.

And, for the record, they get away with more holding down of players than any other team in the comp. Seems to me the refs are afraid of penalising them.

Dire.

99*

International Debutant
BTW, Melbourne's discourtesy to the Warriors in delaying their appearance at the start and after half time was seriously annoying. Poor form I reckon. Shame they didn't get belted.

And, for the record, they get away with more holding down of players than any other team in the comp. Seems to me the refs are afraid of penalising them.

Dire.
According to the news here, Melbourne has already been fined for that, I think it was around $10,000.

Mister Wright

Brisbane Broncos
Canterbury Bulldogs
Canberra Raiders
Manly Sea Eagles
North Queensland Cowboys
Melbourne Storm
New Zealand Warriors
Gold Coast Titans

Matteh