• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Super 14 2008 Thread***

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Crusaders for the title I'd imagine. Be interesting to see how my namesakes go sans Gregan & Bernie tho.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As a Crusaders fan, I dare say they'll make the semis but I have a feeling we won't make/win the final.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No games in Invercargill=majorly dumb.
Only 2000 turned up to the pre-season game against the Chiefs last week. I don't blame the Highlanders board for opting for Queenstown over Invers when they get patronage like that.

Silver Arrow

School Boy/Girl Captain
Only 2000 turned up to the pre-season game against the Chiefs last week. I don't blame the Highlanders board for opting for Queenstown over Invers when they get patronage like that.
Was a great effort from the Tasman Rugby Union in attracting 10,000 fans to watch the warm-up match over the weekend in Motueka.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Missed Volty during the Rugby WC tbh, wasn't the same after he got banned.

Tahs to finish 5th this season, so gun.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ORFU are loosing money hand over fist, and even if they do take more games to Queenstown I doubt it will make a big difference. In saying that, it is a fair enough call from their point of view. When you quote that figure of 2000, you fail to take into account that the Edendale Crank-Up Day was on too, attracting quite a few people away, and some of the best cyclists were racing in Invercargill too. Plus it's just a pre-season game.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was fully aware of the Edendale Crank-Up, but not the cycling, but I understand only a couple of hundred turned up to that anyway.

The point is, that's the only taste of Super 14 action Southlanders are going to get in their province all year, and that's all that turns up? Even Southland CEO Roger Clark admitted he was thinking a figure double that would have been more acceptable.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was fully aware of the Edendale Crank-Up, but not the cycling, but I understand only a couple of hundred turned up to that anyway.

The point is, that's the only taste of Super 14 action Southlanders are going to get in their province all year, and that's all that turns up? Even Southland CEO Roger Clark admitted he was thinking a figure double that would have been more acceptable.
Indeed, but my point was that the pre-season game wasn't the only thing going on in Southland that day, and there was bugger all attention paid. As I said though, I do understand why the ORFU would be unwilling to allow Invercargill to host more games, it's just a bummer for me personally.

ripper868

International Coach
Saffies team to win it, force to improve outta sight, reds to spoon the wood, tahs to go 5 straight wins then 8 straight losses, brumbies to finish midtable. saffie vs crusaders in final