• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Nations 2008

Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Week 1's action sees:
Sat 2nd Feb 08 14:00 Ireland v Italy Croke Park
Sat 2nd Feb 08 16:30 England v Wales Twickenham
Sun 3rd Feb 08 15:00 Scotland v France Murrayfield
Sat 9th Feb 08 14:00 Wales v Scotland Millennium Stadium

As always going to be a great competition. Who do you reckon will win? Between England and France Id say. We wont make much of an impact ourselves having to go to Paris and Twickenham.

Piper

International Captain
Gonna be either England or France who'll win and I'm going to go for France.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If I wasn't English and afraid the mockers gods would take a terrible vengence on me for tipping England, I might just back us. We have more genuinely talented backs available to us now than, well for a long, long time anyway. Aside from Wilkinson, who's fit and playing now, we also have Cipriani who's carving it up for Wasps this year, Toby Flood who looks to be maturing into the kind of attacking and visionary 12 we haven't had since Will Greenwood's legs went, any two from Sackey, Strettle & Vainikolo on the wings and Tait ready to slot into 15.

Scrum-half is still a problem, hopefully Gomarsall can continue his Indian summer for a year or two (or until Harry Ellis is fit again), but there's a real dearth after him.

Ireland are ageing together and coming off a gash world cup, France have bitten the bullet and about a dozen regulars have been omitted for various reasons so are very much in transition, Scotland & Italy are both game but limited & this year has come too soon for Gatland to have turned any Welsh base metals into gold just yet.

That said, I've gone for France 'cos England & Ireland have to go there this year and we haven't won a 6 Nations game frogside since 2000.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Would rather have my legs bitten off by sharks than see a team representing the RFU win anything.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll have a bash at predicting the outcomes:

Ireland to beat Italy by 15-25 - Yer Micks are going to be smarting after a world cup that redefined "dire" and their provinces (especially Munster) have been going well. O'Connell is a big miss, but O'Callaghan has looked immense for Munster & owned Simon Shaw in the line-out in the big clash with Wasps at Thomond Park. Italy have a good, bordering on very good, pack, but Ireland should gain parity at least and in the backs it's men v boys.

England to beat Wales by 10-15 - It's been evolution rather than revolution down at Twickers post-WC and we should make all kinds of mess of Wales's rather ordinary-looking front-row. No Tom Shanklin is a bizarre call from Gatland, but he is at least on the bench. Ashton preferring Balshaw to Tait is a wee bit Quixotic too, given the former's been more-or-less permanently crocked since 2001, but I suppose you never forget your first love.

Scotland to beat France by 4-7 - It won't be pretty, but Scotland aren't as bad as people think and Lievremont has done a complete raise-to-the-ground-and-rebuild-from-scratch on yer French. I guess it speaks well of France's strength-in-depth that they can contemplate such a move and they might yet run Scotland ragged, but Murrayfeild is a banana-skin better French teams than this have slipped on. My big concern for the jocks is no Paterson; or rather no Paterson's place-kicking. It'll be tight & I don't rate Parks's kicking one little bit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England really should be out of sight by now. 19-12 ahead but we've had like 70% of the ball.

4 injuries too; Tom Rees has done his medial ligament which, having pulled mine once, I know is no fun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me gently. 19-19 and Wales look to have scored again. Yep; TMO confirms. Wheels have come off completely. :@

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha @ England

Lesley is a girl's name
Lesley is a girl's name
Na na na na

:whistling

PhoenixFire

International Coach
**** me what a shocking 2nd half performance, we should have flattened them in the first half and been out of sight of some crap club side.

The only good players were Shaw, Flood and Vainikolo tbh.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Ireland were disapointing TSTL. Wales, <3 tbh. Anybody that beats any English team at any form of the game (apart from Australians, Key Fact.However, it's one of my favourite countries and i'll be living there in a few years) is a gun

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Gotta hate the French, don't you? The names & faces change, but they keep winning. :dry:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Gah same old same old from Ireland.

Eddie O'Sullivan has made changes to the Irish pack for France :O