• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mile Sterjovski

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can any of you Aussies give me some kind of idea what this guy is like?

He's at Pride Park today, expected to become Paul Jewell's latest signing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Makes a handy grilled cheese sandwich.
That's gone completely over my head.

Anyway, he's been turned down for a work permit - one international match short of the required percentage.

Shame Australia decided to play a bloody friendly when the chose to play no Europe-based players.

Gits.

No point in Derby appealing - only Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea win those things.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That's gone completely over my head.

Anyway, he's been turned down for a work permit - one international match short of the required percentage.

Shame Australia decided to play a bloody friendly when the chose to play no Europe-based players.

Gits.

No point in Derby appealing - only Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea win those things.
Wasn't a friendly it was a quailfier and it wasn't on FIFA date so they couldn't get the European players back. Don't think his suited to English Football either, too much of an all round player. He would get wasted over there IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wasn't a friendly it was a quailfier and it wasn't on FIFA date so they couldn't get the European players back. Don't think his suited to English Football either, too much of an all round player. He would get wasted over there IMO.
:@ Are you suggesting English players are one-dimensional....?

Oh, wait....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, right.

That probably explains why Derby think they will win the appeal.

As far as 'all-round' players are concerned, we gave a debut to Laurent Robert yesterday.

He looked as though he had eaten all the pies and the pie-maker as well.

irfan

State Captain
Can any of you Aussies give me some kind of idea what this guy is like?

He's at Pride Park today, expected to become Paul Jewell's latest signing.
Talented wide right player, gives a decent cross and has generally been a consistent, reliable performer for the Socceroos. Scored a gun goal against I think Liechtenstein(sp?) if my memory serves correctly.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My favourite Socceroo actually. Can't tell you much more than that as I have nfi about football.

DJellett

International Debutant
Sorry what I meant to say was I can't wait to see him a part of the Socceroos squad regularly as he's Euro based.
Ah yes, fair enough. I rate him fairly highly TBH, but as an attacking-type midfielder it's hard in a (full-strength) side including Cahill, Kewell, and Bresciano.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Ah yes, fair enough. I rate him fairly highly TBH, but as an attacking-type midfielder it's hard in a (full-strength) side including Cahill, Kewell, and Bresciano.
Yeah agree, we're so strong in that area there wouldn't be much of him considering Cahill, Kewell and Bresciano are there.

I'm also looking forward to see Scott McDonald up front, he's been on a roll this year with Celtic.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Decent player

was very good at Basel, good crosser

In terms of the National team contribution under Farina id say we never saw his best

But under Hiddink he was basically a new player, decent eye for goal too

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Work permit approved - became a Derby County player today.

Could make his debut in the FA Cup match against Preston on Saturday.

(yes, we won our third round game. We're on a 'cup run').

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think it is a good move for him. But he has wanted to play in England for a while and now he gets he's chance.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't think it is a good move for him. But he has wanted to play in England for a while and now he gets he's chance.
Well, it's nigh on certain that he will join us in being relegated this season, but the idea is that Paul Jewell will build a team that can compete in the future.

I've heard good things about this guy especially from here, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him.