• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official English Football Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
apparently all the other threads are turning into football threads, so we may as well keep the discussion in one place............... HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm quite enthusiastic about the future of Derbyshire County Cricket Club - we've got some good youngsters coming through.:P

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Back to the point! James Beattie should get the nod over Rooney at the mo. The reason is, yes Rooney may be a class player, but he needs some more time to gain experience in the Premiership before his international career takes off. If this doesn't happen, he could be thrown in before he's ready and this wouldn't do his football much good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is Liechtenstein.. besides, he's coped with Arsenal who are as good as most international teams, so there's no reason why he shouldn't succeed.

Beattie ought to be in instead of Eeyore - sorry, Emile - Heskey.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think both rooney and beattie should be in the squad. Heskey is crap, i dont care what anyone else says, ive seen enough off him to say this. liverpool and england are both better off without him.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I don't know much about football but ... go arsenal.

two reasons:
- I will be living in Highbury
- any team with "arse" in its name has gotta be worth supporting

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Heskey does a lot of the donkey work, allowing Owen to score the goals - he's a strong player, who works 110% and scares defenders.

Since Owen is our number one striker, and he needs a big workhorse-type player next to him, Heskey gets and deserves, the nod.

The selection of Rooney, Vassell and Jeffers as the other 3 forwards is to me a bad move.

Cloete

International Captain
how's shaun wright-phillips been going l8ly?? i heard that every1 expected him to have quite a good future. also i HAVE ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE NEWS!!! DAVID BECKHAM IS STRONGLY CONSIDERING A 110 MILLION MOVE TO REAL!! how good is that!!! incase no1 noticed my favourite club is real madrid. and my favourite player is Rauk :). beckham mite be moving because of the fallouts he's been having with sir alex. how cool will that be for real!!:D :D :D

Raul
Ronaldo
Beckham
Zidane
Roberto Carlos
Hierro
Figo
McManaman
Morientes
Guti
Savio

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think the speculated transfer fee is in the region of 40m Sterling.

I can only speculate that they want a new boot boy - because Beckham is the nearest thing to anyone fit to lace Zinadine Zidane's boots up.

Cloete

International Captain
yeah i wasn't sure wat currency it was. but yeah it's obiously 110m aussie dollars. it's 3 dollars to the pound. so yeah probably just under 40m.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Go Leeds Utd

only the man up stairs can save us from relegation now or maybe a decent f(&)_(_king Manager!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Heskey does a lot of the donkey work, allowing Owen to score the goals - he's a strong player, who works 110% and scares defenders.

Since Owen is our number one striker, and he needs a big workhorse-type player next to him, Heskey gets and deserves, the nod.

The selection of Rooney, Vassell and Jeffers as the other 3 forwards is to me a bad move.
Why play what's effectively one up front?

Jeffers is a diver, can't for the life of me understand why he's in the squad, and Vassell's living off that overhead kick...

Weren't we supposed to have a great big crop of good young strikers a bit ago?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If I'd been asked to pick 5 strikers for the current squad, I'd have gone Owen, Heskey, Defoe, Beattie, Smith (even with the suspension)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Reading FC.

Have increased there promotion hopes:

Burnley winger Glen Little and Man U's Luke Chadwick. both at the club till end of the season.