• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official English Football Thread

anzac

International Debutant
most of the squad would be in the early to mid 20's, apart from the likes of Seaman, Bergkamp, Parlour, Campbell & Keown. Most of the Man U squad would already be in their late 20's - 30s.

Anyway it's all academic now....

Arsenal loose at Home to Leeds & Man U win the title.....

Bugger!

:(

Kimbo

International Debutant
I was on the tube yesterday and there were these two guys opposite me, who were definitely drunk, and quite possibly stoned. It seemed like a scene out of a B grade movie.

one was telling the other (who was wearing a black shirt with a dragon breathing fire on it... you know the type... and he had some little shorts on :rolleyes: ) that huddersfield city would beat man u 4-0 in the FA cup next year. and he was explaining how each goal would be scored. then there was silence. and the other would say "champions" then there would be silence (the huddersfield fan by this stage looked completely munted, but would sporadically start talking about the goals in the 4-0 game .. "bang, one nil. bang, two nil..."). then... "champions".

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
man utd champions of the league after arsenal lost at home to leeds yesterday, they deserved to win the league. the better side consistently over the season. they have the better squad out of the 2, very well deserved for man utd.

PY

International Coach
broncoman said:
man utd champions of the league after arsenal lost at home to leeds yesterday, they deserved to win the league. the better side consistently over the season. they have the better squad out of the 2, very well deserved for man utd.
Well what can I say? :D. How Arsene Wenger can say that Arsenal have had a better season than us is ludicrous......we got further in the Champions League and we won the title on the back of only one defeat since early November. Arsenal fluffed it but I'm already looking forward to next season. :)

And Huddersfield Town fans are nutters, they are after all from Yorkshire. :lol:

PY

International Coach
If you're referring to me, I have had a season ticket with my local club for last two seasons and while I've had a season ticket I haven't missed a game in all that time. I have been to 5 away game as well, doesn't sounds much but when you don't have a job and can't drive its too expensive. My dad lived in Manchester for a while in the 70s (when they were crap) so I just followed the family line.

Simon

hehe i dont have a local team.
Canberra doesnt even have an NSL team anymore, they were so crap they got kicked out of the comp lol.

Simon

not really, our basketball team, the Cannons went bankrupt at the end of last season and are gone now.
Our union team the Brumbies are pretty good, Our league team the Raiders used to be awesome, had a few bad seasons but are unbeaten so far this season. Other than that we got nothing.
although Mark Webber is from Quenbeyan which is 5 minutes from Canberra.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
As a complete and utter neutral, I should like to offer my whole-hearted congratulations to Sheffield United on their magnificent victory over Nottingham Forest this evening.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up yours, Forest.

Sorry about that.

PY

International Coach
superkingdave said:
hmm, never knew Pete was a manure fan.

Some interesting opinions in this thread
Yeah, always have been as I mentioned in this thread. I just followed my Dad who lived in Salford in the 70s.

Still support the Mighty Mariners with a little more passion though....we're going to thump Walsall on Saturday to kickstart our season. :p