• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official English Football Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
umm, claiming they were going to go through the entire season undefeated in every competition is about as arrogant as can be. and they were genuinely shocked when they did loose. they arent as good as they think they are.
Erm, Manure did it the season before...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Can I just say at this point that Derby actually managed a win yesterday?

<quack> by all means, Eddie

Derby actually managed a win yesterday

<quack> yay!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
So LE, pleased with Burley's appointment?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The way I see it - Newcastle are not out of it by a long way:

If they win at Everton today, they're suddenly only 3 behind, plus Arsenal and Manure play each other in about 10 days time.

Also, Newcastle still have to play Manure, and still have easier games with the likes of Sunderland, West Brom, Birmingham & Villa...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
ah opinions i guess, i hate arsenal though, they r the scum of the premiership, way too arrogant.
They have a long way to go before they even get close to Man U in that department...

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Pah Man Utd for the title all the way. I think that the next 6 games will define Man Utd's season. We've played one yesterday and won it convincingly :D 4-0 Scousers eat **** .

Tue 8 Apr 2003 19.45 Real Madrid A
Sat 12 Apr 2003 12:30 Newcastle United A
Wed 16 Apr 2003 20:00 Arsenal A
Sat 19 Apr 2003 15:00 Blackburn Rovers A
Wed 23 Apr 2003 19.45 Real Madrid H

Ouch is all I can say to that :( Git of a run-in. Possible slipup at Everton on last day as well. Hasn't been this close for a while.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Pah Man Utd for the title all the way. I think that the next 6 games will define Man Utd's season. We've played one yesterday and won it convincingly :D 4-0 Scousers eat **** .

Tue 8 Apr 2003 19.45 Real Madrid A
Sat 12 Apr 2003 12:30 Newcastle United A
Wed 16 Apr 2003 20:00 Arsenal A
Sat 19 Apr 2003 15:00 Blackburn Rovers A
Wed 23 Apr 2003 19.45 Real Madrid H

Ouch is all I can say to that :( Git of a run-in. Possible slipup at Everton on last day as well. Hasn't been this close for a while.
Get ready for five straight defeats :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So LE, pleased with Burley's appointment?
Jury's out on JG - if half of what I've heard is true, he should be either hung, drawn and quartered or given to F**est as a present.

If the other half of what I've heard is true, he should be knighted for services to mankind.

Either way, Lionel Pickering is a **** (insert your own expletive here).

Re George Burley, Number 1 nephew had a good game yesterday and tried his guts out - as did the rest of the side. He'll do for me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Pah Man Utd for the title all the way. I think that the next 6 games will define Man Utd's season. We've played one yesterday and won it convincingly
Had it been Owen "tugged down" by Ferdinand or Gerrard "tripped" by Brown, would they have been penalties?

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Get ready for five straight defeats :D
Two wins and a draw from the league games. I'm quite happy with that. Specially the way that we've done it.

Answer to your question Marc, I would say that people always say that Man Utd get the best of decisions but look at Thierry Henry's goal last Wednesday. I'd say it evens itself up and people look to say that Man Utd are lucky but I think that people are just looking for a chance to chop Man Utd over anything.

Still think that Man Utd are on for the title, as we have Spurs (who no-one can doubt are sh*te), Charlton (playing quite crap Alan Curbishley summed it up when he said that his defence can't tackle, his attackers can't shoot but everything else is good.)

anzac

International Debutant
Utd have done well to make a fight of it, but they will not win the title unless Beckham starts and not come on as a 2nd half sub!!!!

IMO it's still on for The Gunners to do back to back doubles!!!

:D

anzac

International Debutant
agreed it's a loss, but I'm still confident .........

I think Fergie has bigger probs off field at the moment which could detract from their run in......

:)

Cloete

International Captain
BIG NEWS!!! beckham is alomost certainly going to Real :O :O :O !! heard it on our news..... will see if i can check it on some sites. beckham said it hinself... he's really ****ed at fergy. will post a site if i find n e....... all i can say is:

:O :O :O

anzac

International Debutant
as I said - Fergy's got probs off the park.......

could this be the begining of the breaking up of this Man Utd squad? - me thinks so.

I also think that we are about to see the end of an era with the passing of this Utd squad, and the begining of a new era with Wenger's young Arsenal side set to take over the Utd mantel.

Cloete

International Captain
anzac said:
as I said - Fergy's got probs off the park.......

could this be the begining of the breaking up of this Man Utd squad? - me thinks so.
me hopes so :lol: . also i think Real r really starting to dominate. they r interested in 4 or so players and all the players r interested in joining. they r: Beckham, Ronaldinho, Viera and Pires. just shows how dominant they r. just shows how the calibre of Real when u see players of that standard all at big clubs(bar Dinho) yet the ywant to make a move.

PY

International Coach
anzac said:
and the begining of a new era with Wenger's young Arsenal side set to take over the Utd mantel.

I wouldn't say Arsenal are that young as some key players are reaching their 30s, still great players but wouldn't say they'll be around for the new era.

I fancy Newcastle United for a go at the title next year. Bobby Robson's a quality guy/manager so if Man Utd don't win it I hope NUFC do.