• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WWE - Best Entrance Theme

Barney Rubble

International Coach
haha yeah I found out a few months ago, was quite surprised actually, but then again when you look at him you can see the similarities, always thought king played up to "grandmaster ***ay" a lot when he commentated on his matches. Did you also know that the honkytonk man is kings cousin?

Too Cool should have held the tag titles more than once imo, they werent half bad really, used to be really over until rikishi turned heel and ***ay got fired. Remember that scotty and rikishi held the tag titles once actually........
Haha, no, I didn't know that about the Honky Tonk Man. Whole family of mediocre wrestlers then, it seems. Although having said that, King is the most decorated professional wrestler of all time, somehow.

Yeah, Too Cool were good, until Rikishi (as with virtually every angle he was ever in) ruined everything by a) being a ****, and b) not being able to do anything besides be fat and dance in a comical fashion.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, no, I didn't know that about the Honky Tonk Man. Whole family of mediocre wrestlers then, it seems. Although having said that, King is the most decorated professional wrestler of all time, somehow.

Yeah, Too Cool were good, until Rikishi (as with virtually every angle he was ever in) ruined everything by a) being a ****, and b) not being able to do anything besides be fat and dance in a comical fashion.
haha not forgetting the stink face, I remember his jump off the top of the cage onto val venis at Fully Loaded 2000 lol, surprised it didnt break the ring. For a big guy I always thought he was an ok competitor tbh, only raelly learned the true extent of his pretty crappy personality recently, Lol at his short lived stint in TNA.

On the Subject of King his feud with tazz during the summer of 2000 was another funny thing, tazz getting heat by repeatedly attacking JR was cringingly amusing. Best part of that feud was the debut of Raven at unforgiven, but then from that point raven got pretty crap and went downhill drastically, great shame, since he started wearing a kilt he was pretty much finished in my eyes, still remains the best ECW champ to this day in my eyes though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
haha not forgetting the stink face, I remember his jump off the top of the cage onto val venis at Fully Loaded 2000 lol, surprised it didnt break the ring. For a big guy I always thought he was an ok competitor tbh, only raelly learned the true extent of his pretty crappy personality recently, Lol at his short lived stint in TNA.

On the Subject of King his feud with tazz during the summer of 2000 was another funny thing, tazz getting heat by repeatedly attacking JR was cringingly amusing. Best part of that feud was the debut of Raven at unforgiven, but then from that point raven got pretty crap and went downhill drastically, great shame, since he started wearing a kilt he was pretty much finished in my eyes, still remains the best ECW champ to this day in my eyes though.
Haha, don't remember him jumping off the cage TBH. Must have been funny. He was never that bad a worker, just wasted every opportunity he ever got as a singles competitor. I think it's no surprise that everyone remembers the "Who ran down Stone Cold?" storyline, but no-one remembers who actually did it. Rikishi could have got MONSTER heat for doing that, but he failed to capitalise and now look where he is. He was back to the mid-card within a year of that storyline, and now he's been fired from TNA after about a month.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
even stupider was that he was back on the mid card as a FACE! ffs, after running down austin, no wonder the E made it so that HHH took over as the main heel in that feud.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
even stupider was that he was back on the mid card as a FACE! ffs, after running down austin, no wonder the E made it so that HHH took over as the main heel in that feud.
Haha yeah, they just made Rikishi out to be a blundering fool that did whatever HHH told him, 'cause he couldn't handle a feud with The Rock on his own. Debatable whether HHH's love of burying midcarders had anything to do with it, but I think it was for the best either way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah, they just made Rikishi out to be a blundering fool that did whatever HHH told him, 'cause he couldn't handle a feud with The Rock on his own. Debatable whether HHH's love of burying midcarders had anything to do with it, but I think it was for the best either way.
haha yeah, almost certainly for the best, always struck me as an illogical choice tbh, why on earth they didnt make the guy who ran over austin someone like Jericho? that would have been a mega heel turn, rather than the crap one he got about a year down the line. Rikishi was pretty much doing nothing at the time other than occasionally teaming up with Rock and too cool, nothing of any real note, was over with the fans but not massively over....would be like them choosing to use someone like......santino marella when he was a face as part of a major heel turn, just strange.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
haha yeah, almost certainly for the best, always struck me as an illogical choice tbh, why on earth they didnt make the guy who ran over austin someone like Jericho? that would have been a mega heel turn, rather than the crap one he got about a year down the line. Rikishi was pretty much doing nothing at the time other than occasionally teaming up with Rock and too cool, nothing of any real note, was over with the fans but not massively over....would be like them choosing to use someone like......santino marella when he was a face as part of a major heel turn, just strange.
Yeah. Heel turns should either be gradual by guys who aren't over, or sudden by guys who are. The other way round doesn't work.