• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Wrestlers

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The recent spate of activity in the wrestling thread got me thinking this would be a good idea, plus it's a battle thread we haven't already done, which is a rarity. What's a good number of guys to include? Maybe 64, or is that not enough? There's a fair few guys who are certainties to be included, so I'll list them now and then take suggestions for the rest of the competitors.

Hulk Hogan
André The Giant (R.I.P.)
Ric Flair
'The Game' Triple H
'The Immortal' Sting
The Rock
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin
Kurt Angle
The Undertaker
'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels
Bret 'The Hitman' Hart
Edge
Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P.)
Chris Benoit (Erm...)
The Ultimate Warrior
'Macho Man' Randy Savage
'The Hardcore Legend' Mick Foley
'Y2J' Chris Jericho
Kane
Christian/Christian Cage
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
'The Whole F'n Show' Rob Van Dam
'The Legend Killer' Randy Orton
Shane McMahon
Dean Malenko
Goldberg
Brock Lesnar
Owen Hart
Terry Funk
John Cena
J.B.L.
Mr. Kennedy
CM Punk
'Five-Time WCW Champion' Booker T
X-Pac
Chavo Guerrero
'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes
Harley Race
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Rikishi
'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith (R.I.P.)
'Mr.Perfect' Curt Hennig (R.I.P.)
Arn Anderson
'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
'Ravishing' Rick Rude (R.I.P.)
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

I'm not gonna be able to enforce any strict rules about when the voting period ends etc, because of how irregular my internet access is, but we'll just say that voting is open until I declare it closed, which'll be after everyone who wants a vote has had a decent enough chance to get one. I'm not gonna be closing battles after one vote just so my favourite guy wins. :ph34r:

Tag teams and stables are not eligible, although if someone wants to put The Dudleyz or the Hardys or anyone else in then there's no reason why they can't both be put in and voted for separately.

So, suggestions for other names? There were plenty I can think of who were maybes, but I thought I'd leave it up to others. One other thing I thought I'd say is that we're not voting on technical ability, or mic ability, just purely on one thing - entertainment. You're voting for the guy you most enjoy watching, for any reason.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Rob Van Dam
Kane
AJ Styles
Christian Cage
Shane McMahon
Should have mentioned that the usual system of seconding nominations will be in place - as soon as someone else backs you up your suggestions will be thrown in.

With that in mind, I second Kane, Christian, RVD and the Hardys. Will add them into the original list.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Randy Orton
Santino Marella :lol:
Yokozuna
Rikishi
Owen Hart
Terry Funk
Sabu
Tommy Dreamer
Sandman
Rey Mysterio
Dean Malenko

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Lesnar. He was pushed way too hard etc but I enjoyed him, especially as a face.
I'm gonna second him. One of the most convincing big, strong guys you'll ever see - one of the most athletic guys around, seriously stacked physically, and technically brilliant. Mic work was perfectly respectable too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, Lesnar was gun. That jump from the rope was so amazing.

Solid idea Matt. Looking forward to the battles!

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I'll just nominate guys who worked in the US. If they've already been mentioned, consider it a second.

Ric Flair
Tully Blanchard
Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Dusty Rhodes
Dustin Rhodes
Adrian Adonis
Jerry Lawler
Nick Brockwinkel
Terry Funk
Stan Hansen
Owen Hart
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Ricky Steamboat
Terry Gordy
Dick Murdoch
Dynamite Kid
Harley Race
The Destroyer
Jack Brisco

And a personal favourite -- Greg "The Hammer" Valentine.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'll just nominate guys who worked in the US. If they've already been mentioned, consider it a second.

Ric Flair
Tully Blanchard
Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Dusty Rhodes
Dustin Rhodes
Adrian Adonis
Jerry Lawler
Nick Brockwinkel
Terry Funk
Stan Hansen
Owen Hart
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Ricky Steamboat
Terry Gordy
Dick Murdoch
Dynamite Kid
Harley Race
The Destroyer
Jack Brisco

And a personal favourite -- Greg "The Hammer" Valentine.
Going old school there, nice one. Funk and Owen Hart go in, making it 30. Almost halfway there. I'm gonna suggest a few more names - not necessarily people who I believe deserve to be there, just people who either rank among my personal favourites, or who've won their fair share of championships in recent years:

Mr. Kennedy
CM Punk
Umaga
John Cena
Booker T
Batista
X-Pac
Road Dogg
'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Chavo Guerrero
Big Show
JBL