International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

In their prime...

Who would win in these matches.

1)Mohamed Ali Vs Mike Tyson

2)Jack Nicklaus Vs Tiger woods

3)Steve Davis Vs Steven Hendry

4)Steve Davis Vs Jimmy White

5)Steven Hendry Vs Jimmy White
    Last edited by cover drive man; 08-12-2007 at 05:22 AM.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

International Coach
    Ali
    Woods
    Davis
    Davis
    Hendry
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Who would win in these matches.

1)Mohamed Ali Vs Mike Tyson

2)Jack Nicholson Vs Tiger woods

3)Steve Davis Vs Steven Hendry

4)Steve Davis Vs Jimmy White

5)Steven Hendry Vs Jimmy White

Much of a golfer, our Jack?

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post

Much of a golfer, our Jack?
    Lol. Well he went out with Janice Dickinson so he must of lost his mind.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    *Stephen Hendry
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    The Tyson aged 20-22 would've taken Ali apart IMHO. Ali struggled with awkward fighters like Norton & Frazier and Iron Mike had a bigger dig than either. In his prime Tyson was an absolute force of nature, crouched, short (for a heavyweight) and with that massive neck of his he rode punches so well. Fought on the front foot and wasn't a slow brawler like many of pugs who Ali was fed after he beat (possibly with the aid of fixers) Liston.

Don't care enough about any of the others to have an opinion.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Ali
    Hard to compare these Woods and Nicklaus due to the advances in equipment.
    Davis
    Davis
    Hendry
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    The Tyson aged 20-22 would've taken Ali apart IMHO. Ali struggled with awkward fighters like Norton & Frazier and Iron Mike had a bigger dig than either. In his prime Tyson was an absolute force of nature, crouched, short (for a heavyweight) and with that massive neck of his he rode punches so well. Fought on the front foot and wasn't a slow brawler like many of pugs who Ali was fed after he beat (possibly with the aid of fixers) Liston.

Don't care enough about any of the others to have an opinion.
    ...and just who did tyson beat during his 86-88 run? holmes on the verge of his free bus pass? michael spinks who'd given up before he got to the ring?

ali being fed pugs? ali has the greatest HW resume of all time. it's not even up for debate.

ali was also shot to pieces by the time he fought norton.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne View Post
    ...and just who did tyson beat during his 86-88 run? holmes on the verge of his free bus pass? michael spinks who'd given up before he got to the ring?

ali being fed pugs? ali has the greatest HW resume of all time. it's not even up for debate.

ali was also shot to pieces by the time he fought norton.
    Spinks was unbeaten when he fought Tyson; hardly Iron Mike's fault he'd swallowed it completely before he climbed into the ring. That was Tyson's aura.

Tyson fought and beat everyone out there: Berbick, Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon (sp?) Thomas & even dear old Frank.

I considered Ali's prime before his ban; he fought Patterson (really a cruiserweight by today's standards) but none of the other names exactly trip off the tongue. He was flattened by dear old 'Enry before he ever won the title too and might've lost had Dundee not deliberately split his glove to give him longer to recover.

He fought everyone after he came back, true, but he lost to Frazier & Norton. And no, he wasn't a shot fighter by then unless you also consider the Ali who beat Foreman shot, as Norton's win was prior to the Rumble in the Jungle. Ali's last three defeats (Leon Spinks, Holmes & Berbick) were when he was gone.

U19 Captain
    Spinks was unbeaten when he fought Tyson; hardly Iron Mike's fault he'd swallowed it completely before he climbed into the ring. That was Tyson's aura.

Tyson fought and beat everyone out there: Berbick, Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon (sp?) Thomas & even dear old Frank.

I considered Ali's prime before his ban; he fought Patterson (really a cruiserweight by today's standards) but none of the other names exactly trip off the tongue. He was flattened by dear old 'Enry before he ever won the title too and might've lost had Dundee not deliberately split his glove to give him longer to recover.

He fought everyone after he came back, true, but he lost to Frazier & Norton. And no, he wasn't a shot fighter by then unless you also consider the Ali who beat Foreman shot, as Norton's win was prior to the Rumble in the Jungle. Ali's last three defeats (Leon Spinks, Holmes & Berbick) were when he was gone.

ali by the time he fought foreman compaed to his prime was pretty shot, but foreman fought one of the most stupid fights of all time, in that heat just throwing punches like there was no tomorrow and telegraphing all of them was moronic, ali despite his skills and speed being on the slide still had unreal will power and a granite chin. frazier was gone after his unreal effort in the first ali fight then the brutal 2 round hammering at the hands of big george.

LOLz, you don't really believe all that garbage about ali getting an extra minutes rest against cooper do you?

LOLz, you don't really believe all that garbage about ali getting an extra minutes rest against cooper do you?
    Well, as Dundee has admitted it himself, yes, yes I do. Linky.

So Dundee did split the glove and it did buy his fighter extra time then? Even five seconds longer could've made all the difference.

The point I'm making tho is if Ali/Clay could get himself tagged by the game, but small and limited 'Enry, Tyson would've murdered him.

U19 Captain
    So Dundee did split the glove and it did buy his fighter extra time then? Even five seconds longer could've made all the difference.

The point I'm making tho is if Ali/Clay could get himself tagged by the game, but small and limited 'Enry, Tyson would've murdered him.

yes 5 seconds, not minutes, the minutes part is the entire myth, that's the point i was making.

common brumby, that arguement is weak and easily countered, if buster could whip tyson into the middle of next week then so could ali etc.

i really get angered by the whole ali persona sometimes and the way moronic people on the street consider him the greatest boxer of all time. but head2head he is the greatest HW of all time, no question. the most difficult of all time to beat.

common brumby, that arguement is weak and easily countered, if buster could whip tyson into the middle of next week then so could ali etc.
    Fair enough. I was quite careful to say the Tyson aged 20-22 tho, which was his prime for me. He'd clearly taken his eye off the ball by the time he fought Douglas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information