• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2008 draw

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Excuse me while I go throw stuff.

Group A:
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B:
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C:
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

Group D:
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

Craig

World Traveller
Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal

Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany

Poland

Group C
Holland
Italy

Romania
France

Group D

Greece
Sweden
Spain

Russia

I have bolded the teams to go through, Groups C and D are definatly the groups of death. Not an easy group there as they all have some quality and could all go through.

Craig

World Traveller
What timing as we created the threads both at pretty much the same time and even the thread titles were the same.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal

Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany

Poland

Group C
Holland
Italy

Romania
France

Group D

Greece
Sweden
Spain

Russia

I have bolded the teams to go through, Groups C and D are definatly the groups of death. Not an easy group there as they all have some quality and could all go through.
Can't disagree there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Group C is a fair bit higher level than Group D though.

Greece and Spain to go through, for mine. Sweden in legendary choke.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Group C is a fair bit higher level than Group D though.

Greece and Spain to go through, for mine. Sweden in legendary choke.
I don't see Group D so tough.

- Spain: the greatest chokers of the world and all time. The might win the group, but then they will lose, as they always do.
- Sweden: they only have one good player (Ibrahimovic). The rest is nothing special
- Russia: If England had not committed suicide, Russia would be at home.
- Greece: the are the defending champions, but I don' t see them as a good team.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I say Russia and Sweden. Spain will choke, Greece aren't the same team they were 4 years ago, Russia have Guus and Sweden always grind out some results.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Group A:
Czech Republic
Portugal

Group B:
Germany
Poland

Group C:
Italy
France

Group D:
Greece
Spain

My choices.
I don't rate Sweden at all & I expect France to survive maybe even top Group C.

Johnners

Spain to win Euro '08. France won't win a game, would still expect to see a Salamuddin thread about how great they are though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Group A
Czech Republic
Switzerland

Group B
Germany
Croatia

Group C
France
Holland

Group D
Spain
Russia

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Spain to win Euro '08. France won't win a game, would still expect to see a Salamuddin thread about how great they are though.

Like a Shockeroo supporter can talk....8-)

I mean your muppets got knocked out in the first round of the Asia Cup itself and then proceeded to whinge about everything that was conspiring against them.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Group C is absolutely ridiculous. I'd feel conspired against if I was the Romania manager right now, they've got no hope in Hell.

On a side note, it's quite amusing that had England qualified in place of Croatia, we'd have ended up in Germany's group by the looks of things. Bet we wouldn't have gone through anyway.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Spain are the #1 chokers. Before every competition, it is said: "Spain will win! Spain will have a great tournament!" And then what they do? LOSE! So, I would not bet a penny on Spain.

Steulen

International Regular
Hi Stefano, more important matters than the choking bull-running pantswetters to think about. How about Netherlands vs Italy as the first game of the tournament for them!

I see a 1-1 tactical draw with both teams advancing in the end.

Johnners

Spain are the #1 chokers. Before every competition, it is said: "Spain will win! Spain will have a great tournament!" And then what they do? LOSE! So, I would not bet a penny on Spain.
I know, but I'm quietly hoping they can turn all that around tbh.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Group C is absolutely ridiculous. I'd feel conspired against if I was the Romania manager right now, they've got no hope in Hell.

On a side note, it's quite amusing that had England qualified in place of Croatia, we'd have ended up in Germany's group by the looks of things. Bet we wouldn't have gone through anyway.
Bzzt. Wrong. Had England qualified and the same team from each pot been drawn, the groups would have been

Group A:
Switzerland
England
Portugal
Turkey

Group B:
Austria
Italy
Germany
Poland

Group C:
Nederland