• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Trophy Hockey in Kuala Lumpur

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Day 1

Australia 2 Malaysia 0
Germany 5 Pakistan 2
Netherlands 4 Great Britain 0
Spain 2 South Korea 2

Poor display from Pakistan.......gave GErmany far too much space and committed very silly mistakes in defence.
Spain should have beaten Korea - they dominated most of the game but gavce away a very soft goal towards the end
Holland were too classy for the Brits - their finishing was superb - the Brits created chances but couldn't put them away.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Day 2

Pakistan 2 Spain 0

Go Green SHirts Go !!!!! A suprising result for me....though Spain would beat Pakistan quite comfortably but maybe they are struggling to cope with the humidity of KL.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Day 2 Other results

Australia 0 Korea 1 (very well done South Korea - brilliant penalty corner from Jang Jong Hyon sealed the Olympic champions fate). AUstralia have looked below par so far in thr tourney but I expect that to change pretty soon.
Malaysia 1 Netherlands 3 - again impressive performance from the dutch
Great Britain 0 Germany 4 - Germany far too strong for the Brits. ACtually the Germans should have scored a couple more goals...they totally dominated this game.

I still believe Britain shouldn't have been invited to this tournament - they are ranked below India and Argentina and on that basis shouldn't have been invited to this tournament.
Again, another example of Pro-European bias by the FIH.

Anyway after two rounds - looks like a Germany Netherlands final.
Although I'm sure AUstralia will bounce back very hard and Spain are a better than what they've shown.