• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

France qualify for Euro 2008

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Well Scotland's defeat to Italy has secured a French berth with a game in hand.
Praise be unto Allah the almighty for granting guidance to Les Bleus.

My sweet love to all those Englishmen who care intimately about the French football team (Geraint, Brumby, Matteh and Bennett especially) :) :laugh:

A solid campaign although blighted by those two surprise defeats to SCotland (Although France dominated and should have won both games). The highligh though was the 3-1 defeat of Italy.
But the important thing is they qualified and they know there is stuff to work on before the tournament proper, rather than discovering those shortcomings at Euro 2008 itself.

Anyway, I'm backing France to do well at Euro2008.....If we can tighten up at back, I think we have a real shot at winning it.

Oh an on another side note, THioerry Henry against Lithuania became France's all time leading scorer eclipsing Michel Platini. THIERRY HENRY - WHAT A CHAMPION !!!!!

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
And this thread was necessary because?

*Goes off to create Italy qualifies and Croatia qualifies threads. Might even do an Austria qualifies and Switzerland qualifies threads*

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm looking forward to seeing France at Euro 2008, they deserve to be there. I wish Scotland had qualified, but that's the way things are.

France have some incredibly talented young players in Nasri, Benzema, Ben Arfa and Clerc, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. That said, when it comes to the actual tournament, I hope they lose. I'm still English, after all. :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well Scotland's defeat to Italy has secured a French berth with a game in hand.
Praise be unto Allah the almighty for granting guidance to Les Bleus.

My sweet love to all those Englishmen who care intimately about the French football team (Geraint, Brumby, Matteh and Bennett especially) :) :laugh:

A solid campaign although blighted by those two surprise defeats to SCotland (Although France dominated and should have won both games). The highligh though was the 3-1 defeat of Italy.
But the important thing is they qualified and they know there is stuff to work on before the tournament proper, rather than discovering those shortcomings at Euro 2008 itself.

Anyway, I'm backing France to do well at Euro2008.....If we can tighten up at back, I think we have a real shot at winning it.

Oh an on another side note, THioerry Henry against Lithuania became France's all time leading scorer eclipsing Michel Platini. THIERRY HENRY - WHAT A CHAMPION !!!!!
What a ridiculous post, France should always have got out of the group and made it a lot harder than it should have been by losing twice to Scotland. That said, I agree with Rubble that they have some extremely talented young players.