• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fan Is Short For?

archie mac

International Coach
A die-hard Geelong fan is regretting his decision to get a tattoo celebrating the team's premiership victory while on holiday in Thailand last week.

"Neville" told 3AW he paid about $150 for two tattoos on his upper arms while in Phuket last Thursday.

But his loyal attempt to honour his team backfired when instead of the words "Day Premiers 2007", the tattoo artist instead christened Neville's beloved Cats the "Gay Premiers 2007"

Not only that :

Neville had drawn pictures of the tattoos he wanted on each arm with the instructions, "Right Arm" and "Left Arm" to make the delineation clear.

Now, along with the "Gay Premiers" tattoo on his right arm, he has a permanent reminder - should he ever forget - that it is in fact, his right arm.

On his left arm, along with a fierce looking Cat logo and the words "Night Premiers 2006", Neville now has the words, "Left Arm"

I stole this from another forum:ph34r: :-O

It just shows even when they win some supporters can be losers.[/quote]

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh:

How very funny.

I'm a tattoo free zone (not so much the pain involved that puts me off, rather the fact that I change my mind frequently), but if I was being permanently marked I might just sneak a look to see what was being inscribed on my person.

As a non-AFL bod, what does day/night premiers signify? Is it a minor premiers/premiers thing?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
"Night Premiership" refers to the pre-season competition. Geelong won this in 2006, and big things were expected of them that season. They had a shocker, and ended up finishing well down the ladder. They were lambasted for this and came back and won the premiership.

The guy ended up having sixteen beers while having his tattoo done to tame the pain, hence him not realizing till afterwards.

archie mac

International Coach
:laugh:

How very funny.

I'm a tattoo free zone (not so much the pain involved that puts me off, rather the fact that I change my mind frequently), but if I was being permanently marked I might just sneak a look to see what was being inscribed on my person.

As a non-AFL bod, what does day/night premiers signify? Is it a minor premiers/premiers thing?
A few years back (about 30), they played a mid week comp of a night during the regular season (this was called the Night Premiership), of more recent times they now play a pre-season comp (played during the day but also at night, but they always play the final at night), some still call it the Night Premiership. I hope that make sense:wacko: