• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XWW Training Match: Chez Lewis vs James Griffen

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
The purpose of this training match is to teach how to wrestle in XWW and give you a feel of what you will see when you come up to the main roster. While this is a training match and you will be facing a jobber, do not make this match a complete squash. In a good match, the momentum changes between the competitors several times, and quite frankly, squash matches are frowned upon in XWW. From now on, all instructions will be in bold, except for commentator and announce names.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Can't We Be Friends plays on the speakers and out steps and the friendly ginger, Chez Lewis steps out. On his way down the entrance ramp he claps a few hands from the crowd who are giving a nice cheer, but not blasting the roof off. He rolls in to the ring under the bottom rope.

Your entrance is important. While it is a no brainer, always have your entrance music hit first. The way you come down to the ring and the fans reaction both help to get your character over as a heel, face, or tweener. If your a face, don't spill some guys popcorn, and if you are a heel don't go kissing some hot babe in the front row. Bottom line, establish your character on the way to the ring and get him over.

Green - Ah here comes XWW's friendliest member, Lewis

Harrop - I'll admit that he is friendly, but he can't wrestle his way out of a paper bag, and to make it worse he's a red head.

Green - Oh come on, I'd like to see you beat Chez and the colour of his hair is hardly relevant.

Harrop - If he weren't busy with this match, I would. But as it is i have to call the match instead...*sarcastically* Hoorah! And by the way the colour of his hair is relevant, it's relevant to teasing him, Haha!

The commentators are also important. One tip to remember is that Joseph Green is the face play-by-play commentator and Daniel Harrop is the heel color commentator. Green supports the faces, but does give the heels credit for their wrestling ability, while Harrop just supports the heels and hates the faces. There is no gray area with him. The commentators are used to break up portions of a match and also add some flavor to the match, the sizzle to the steak sort of speak. They can put over a certain move, that otherwise might go unnoticed, and they can put over your wrestler's ability and/or character.

Dickson - This is a match set for one fall and introducing first, weighing in at 224 pounds...Chez Lewis!

Matthew Dickson is our announcer....he announces stuff. Just remember to have him introduce your wrestler, but don't leave out anything vital.

Chez jumps up and down and does some basic stretches. He bounces off the ropes a few times then climbs a turnbuckle and waves to the crowd. He stands on every turnbuckle and waves to the crowd. He then calmly walks in to the middle of the ring and awaits his opponent.

Every wrestler has a pre-match ritual. Your wrestler needs to psyche himself up into the match and rile the crowd up. Be careful though, as you give your opponent the opportunity to jump you, but Chez won't do that as he's a very nice guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep all this in mind and remember to stay in kayfabe. Don't forget to put [TBC] at the end of each post.

[TBC by James Griffen]

Last edited:

JDenly

Cricket Spectator
"Karma Chameleon" hits the speakers as James Griffen comes out from the back, he tries to high five some members of the crowd, but they ignore him, so he swears at them.

Harrop- Yeah! Ginger's gonna get what's coming to him now. This guy looks a legend in the making.

Green- He certainly looks up for it, and it should be one extremely competitive match.

Harrop- Come off it, Ginger's gonna get torn apart in the ring!

Green- I don't see how you can possibly tell that as we've never seen them fight. And the crowd seem to hate Griffen.

Harrop- Who needs the crowd? I'm sure Griffen will get on fine without them. Plus, it's not like the crowd's gonna fight for Lewis, is it? He's done for.

Dickson- And from Bloemfontein, South Africa. Weighing in at 230lbs...James Griffen!

James Griffen climbs into the ring and starts doing muscular poses. He slaps his chest and points at his opponent before laughing and jumping onto the middle rope, fist in the air to big boos from the crowd.

[TBC by Paddy]

33/3from3.3

Great, nothing wrong with that. Good interaction between the commentators and you had the right people saying the right thing. You interacted like a heel with the crowd. Pre-match ritual, just fine, but when you're on the main roster i want it to be longer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chez walks over to Griffen and offers his hand for a handshake. Griffen looks at the hand for a few seconds, then nails Chez with an uppercut, the ref signals for the bell and the match has officially started.

Green - Dirty tactics from the newcomer.

Harrop - Damn right, I can't wait to see more of it.

As Lewis stumbles slightly after that surprise attack. He gets to his feet and faces Griffen who takes advantage of the situation and hits a nice clothesline. Griffen covers Lewis 1....Kickout. Griffen gets back up, slightly flustered. He stomps a few times on the chest on Chez Lewis, then circles around him and stomps a few more times on his chest. Griffen runs at the ropes when he bounces back he hits a splash on Lewis, then covers 1.....2....Kickout! Chez has had enough of being beaten up. He does an impressive kip-up and stands face to face with Griffen before hitting an STO.

Green - Finally, Lewis is on the attack.

Harrop - Yeah, but for how long?

Chez picks up one of Griffen's legs and turns around as the crowd cheer. The figure-four leg lock is on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here is your next challenge. Find a way of escaping the move, but don't forget to sell it aswell. This move is hurting you remember. When you break the hold shift momentum to Chez for your post, then slightly towards Griffen towards the end.

[TBC by Griffen]

JDenly

Cricket Spectator
Griffen rolls around on the floor as Chez Lewis goes for a quick pin. 1..kickout. Lewis gets up and walks over to the turnbuckle. He climbs to the top and shouts to the crowd, who get behind him. Chez jumps, but Griffen has got to his feet and catches Chez in mid air before piledriving him onto the canvas. Griffen gets up and laughs at Chez's grounded body. The crowd boo madly.

Harrop- What a move! I told you Griffen would come back!

Green- Griffen certainly did well there, but I believe Chez has got it in him to fight back.

Harrop- Nah, if you ask me, Chez is on his last legs. He's out of this.

Griffen beckons to Lewis, who's is finding his bearings. Chez hangs onto the rope for support, before turning round. Griffen jumps up and attempts the Attack of the Chameleon. Chez pushes Griffen away and Griffen lands painfully on his back. Griffen feels his back, wincing in pain. Chez leg drops onto Griffen before dragging him to his feet and hooking him up for a suplex. He suplexes Griffen, and gets back to his feet, Griffen still hooked in. The crowd cheer as he goes for another suplex, but this time Griffen jumps out of it halfway through, and bounces off the rope. He comes back and kicks the off-balance Lewis in the chest knocking him down.

Green- How did Griffen get out of that?!?

Harrop- Easy. He's a legend in the making. That was one impressive counter, and now it's time for him to finish Chez off.

[TBC by Lewis]

33/3from3.3

OK, you ignored the figure-four i put on to you. That's something you can't afford to do amongst the main roster. But we'll assume i never wrote the figure-four leg lock and the last thing was the STO. I'll put the hold on you again and you can try again. What i did like was the momentum switch, very impressive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Griffen grins and grabs Chez by the hair, dragging him over to the rope. Griffen puts Lewis's neck across the bottom rope and pushes it down with his foot, choking Chez. The ref counts 1...2...3...4...And Griffen takes his foot off. Griffen walks over to do it again, but his legs are swept from under him by Lewis. He falls flat on his back and Chez stands up with a smile on his face. The crowd cheer as Chez kicks Griffen in the calf. He does this twice more to identical cheers.

Green - I see what Lewis is doing, he's picked out a target. The back of Griffen's leg, that's smart wrestling.

Harrop - It may be smart wrestling, but Chez can't back it up with actual skill. This Griffen kid is all over him.

Green - We'll just how it pans out then, shall we?

Chez places Griffen's leg across the bottom rope. Then he drops his knees on to the leg, causing Griffen to yell in pain. Chez grabs the left leg again, and steps over Griffen. He has him in a Single leg Boston Crab, Griffen is really feeling it and it looks like he may tap out.
He looks around and sees that he's close to a rope, he manages to reach the rope and the ref tells Lewis to release the hold. As Griffen gets up using the rope Chez hits a low dropkick to the back of the left leg. Griffen tumbles to the mat, Lewis pulls him to the middle of the ring and steps around his leg to lock in the Figure-Four Leg Lock. The crowd love it.

Green - It's on, It's on. The Figure-Four is on, this is Lewis's finisher. Will Griffen tap out?

Harrop - No Way, it is not going to end like this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, this time find a way to get out of the Figure-Four, and remember you leg is hurting. Continue to sell your leg injury. Continue Lewis targeting Griffen's leg. You're doing very well matey. Sell, Sell, Sell.

[TBC by Griffen]

JDenly

Cricket Spectator
Sorry, didn't see the figure four last time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Griffen is screaming in pain as the crowd start clapping, willing him to tap. Griffen flips over and starts crawling desperately to the bottom rope. Chez tightens the hold, and Griffen uses his last ounce of energy to dive at the rope. However, he doesn't reach out a hand and slides under the rope. The crowd boo as Griffen falls out the ring, unharmed, and Chez goes crashing, face first into the bottom rope.

Harrop- Yeah! See that initiative? This kid's a genius as well as an awesome athlete!

Green- I don't think the crowd appreciate that move too much. He could've just reached for the bottom rope.

Harrop- This is wrestling, not ballet. The aim is to hurt the opponent. Fool.

Griffen uses the announce desk to make his way to his feet. He's still limping on his left leg, and he limps over to the ring. He crawls back in and drags Chez's body over to the corner. He props Chez up on the bottom rope and limps to the opposite corner. He sprints back in and baseball slides into Chez's face, much to the dismay of the crowd. However, Griffen gasps, and continues to roll around, clutching his leg. After a while, Griffen gets to his feet, using the ropes and drags Chez up.

Chez however, delivers a right hand to Griffen's face, and Griffen falls back. Lewis jumps between, the ropes, and uses them to swing around and kick Griffen in the back of the leg. Griffen falls to the canvas as Chez Lewis drags him to his feet. Lewis lifts him up, holding on to his left leg, which is folded, and slams his leg down onto his knee. Griffen winces again and hobbles around the ring. He settles in a corner, and Chez charges him. However, Griffen ducks out at the last moment, and Chez rams into the turnbuckle. Chez turns back and Griffen leaps up, performing an astonishing Hurricanrana.

Harrop- Wow! What a move! Chez just can't build momentum! Griffen's doing a great job!

Green- It's certainly an intriguing match, and one can feel both competitors are getting tired as this match nears a climax.

Harrop- Yep, Chez'll lose soon!

Green- I wouldn't be so sure, Chez Lewis is doing very well thus far, and I don't see him throwing it away easily.

Harrop- Come on, this match has Griffen written all over it.

[TBC by Lewis]

33/3from3.3

All very good so far that last post was brilliant. Acceptable on PPV, if truth be told. This post will only contain instructions. Win the match with your next post, use one of your finishers and write that finisher in bold. There are more ways to win a match than hitting a finisher. But i want you to in this training match. Have a post match celebration, have Dickson announce you as the winner and have the commentators talk about your win. Knock 'em dead.

JDenly

Cricket Spectator
Griffen gets to his feet and puts his fist in the air, taunting to the crowd, who boo him. Griffen hobbles over to the corner and climbs out of the ring. He looks under the ring for weapons, but the referee ushers him out, and has a word with him. Meanwhile, Chez Lewis has got to his feet in the ring and runs to the ropes, leaping over them and crossbodying Griffen.

The crowd go berserk as Chez roars and drags Griffen onto the announce table. He flips him over and leg drops onto his calves. Griffen screams with pain as Lewis attempts to do it again. This time, Griffen rolls out of the way, and Lewis falls onto the floor. Griffen climbs back into the ring simultaneously, but Griffen gets to his feet quicker. Griffen goes over to the corner and undoes the turnbuckle covering. The referee comes over and begins lecturing Griffen again. Griffen looks fed up and charges into the referee, crushing him into the exposed turnbuckle. The crowd boo as the referee falls to the ground, unconscious.

Griffen turns around, smiling, and Chez delivers a hard kick to the knee. Griffen falls onto his knees as Chez waves his arms to the crowd, getting a reaction. Griffen sneaks up behind and low blows him. Chez falls to the canvas as Griffen rolls out of the ring again. This time he goes over to the announce table and picks up a steel chair, snapping it shut. He climbs back into the ring, and slides the chair into the middle. He drags Chez up by his ginger hair. He poses to the crowd and shoves Chez's head between his arm and body, seemingly preparing for a DDT. However, he lifts Chez into the air, and spins him around, so he's facing the other before powerbombing him onto the chair, performing The Explosion Sensation. The sound reverberates around the arena, as Griffen throws the chair out of the ring and covers Chez Lewis. The referee has regained conciousness and moves closer to the pin attempt.

1...2...3!

The crowd boo like crazy as Griffen climbs to his feet. Griffen hobbles over to the rope and climbs onto the middle rope, his arm into the air, slapping his chest. The referee gets up and walks over to him, raising his arm, before Griffen shakes it away.

Dickson- Here is your winner...James Griffen!

Green- Come on! Blatant cheating from Griffen. He's lucky he isn't disqualified!

Harrop- I'm loving this kid more and more by the day. He's got guts, initiative, skill, charisma. Legend.

Green- Legend? He's just completely destroyed Chez by bending the rules!

Harrop- It's not like he was found out, was it? Plus, Chez should have defended himself.

Green- Defended himself? He got low blowed!

Griffen climbs out of the ring and throws the steel chair back in, as well as getting another one from around the announce table. He climbs back into the ring, and the referee tries to wave him away, however Griffen threatens him with the chair, and the referee backs off. Griffen walks over to Chez, and slides one of the chairs beneath his head, and holds the other one up. He gives an evil laugh before slamming it down hard on Chez's head, sandwiching it between the two chairs. The crowd gasp at the conchairto, and the arena is ringing with boos and abuse at Griffen. Griffen shrugs, and slams the chair again and again into Chez's skull. Both chairs are now covered in Chez's blood, and Chez's head is covered in scarlet. Griffen laughs and climbs out of the ring, walking up the ramp, as paramedics rush down to help Chez.

Green- This guy is unbelievable!

Harrop- You're telling me! He's making sure Chez can't get him back. This guy can really think on his feet!

Green- No, I mean, he has a severe disregard from the rules and he's beaten Chez to a bloody pulp when he's down!

Harrop- Well, Chez shouldn't have got himself into this position. A great match.

33/3from3.3

That was excellent. It makes for very good reading. You used the commentators perfectly to put over the win, and the nature in which it happened. The only part which is wrong (and even saying "wrong" is a bit of stretch) is the blood. We generally aren't gonna do blood, except on PPV matches and important matches on the weekly show. One last thing, remember to put [END OF MATCH] at the end of the match. But it's fine as i hadn't told you.

The most important part of this is (drum roll) ........... YOU PASSED. Well Done.