• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want England to win the Rugger?

Do you want England to win the Rugger?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh

International Regular
I can't stand either team. So I care more about the national midget tossing championships at this present time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sort of a casual RU fan meself, will try and watch any 6 nations, HK 7's or other games shown, used to play at school, so know enough to follow whats going on. However pubs full of die hard RL fans who sorta stare at the screen then get confused when a try adds 5, but cheer all the same. Dont read papers really (bar the odd Times now and again), so not subjected to the bum loving its been given ATM.

Shall be cheering on from behind the bar on sat (just hoping i'm working on the side with the big screen)
Yeah, I'm a casual fan myself, a 6 Nations/WC kinda guy, watch a bit of Heineken cup here and there, and I always enjoy it.

I'd support England in anything anyway though, tiddlywinks, tug-o-war, conkers.

I actually enjoy the hysteria that occurs whenever one of our national sides does well, it gives the country a feelgood factor, it pisses off the anti-English brigade at CW etc etc.

Everyone knows I'm patriotic, but also, as a lower league footy fan, there's nothing I enjoy more than watching an underdog stick it to the favourites. It's been pretty good to be English lately :D

cpr

International Coach
:laugh:

....for t'pit read Hull University!!!!

Well, was tempted to comment on that n all, but didnt want to sound overly harsh. Couple of my housemates at uni were from Hull. None of them went back after they finished, thats for sure.

Besides, anything east of the pennines (and below Newcastle) is just wrong :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't stand the style of English Rugby, they knocked us out, too many bandwagon jumpers, I really admire the sporting culture in South Africa and I've spent enough time in England to answer: no.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
T'was a joke.
So was I... Bet you miss Fiery, eh?? ;)

On another matter, what sort of expletive is ****house? That's a new one on me

Except as in "built like a brick ****house" which I always considered to not be overly insulting.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****house, use it all the time. Can't remember where I picked it up though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There are others who feel Union is the preserve of the upper-classes and privileged.
Can someone explain to me how Rugby Union is apparently a sport for the upper-class? Looks fairly coarse and unpolished to me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's always been the grammar school sport in England, whereas football has been the comprehenives' game

Mind you, I always resented the whole grammar school kids = upper class theory anyway