View Poll Results: Who are the biggest chokers in world sport?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Blacks

19 52.78%
  • South Africa cricket team

13 36.11%
  • England cricket team

0 0%
  • England football team

1 2.78%
  • Other (Greg Norman, etc.)

3 8.33%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the biggest chokers in World Sport?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
    English Cricket cannot be classed as "chokers"...the simple reason being,....a choker team is a top team that can't quite make it at the top level,unfortunately,England are NOT a top team,therefore cannot be accused of choking.
    the north sydney bears rugby league team did choke alot in the 90's when they had a gun team. And i assume before that many times.

Quote Originally Posted by eglezdzdiyd View Post
    the north sydney bears rugby league team did choke alot in the 90's when they had a gun team. And i assume before that many times.
    mate i was a north sydney fan before they got booted out and i can g'tee you that we did choke plenty of times. one big season i think was 93 when we met st george in the major semi to go into the final and we where favourites and got beat 29 - 16 or something like that when choc took an intercept and we played woeful..

considering the side we had there for a few years we should have done better.

seers, dallas, ikin, florimo, larson, moore, taylor, fairleigh, soden....the list goes on.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    North Sydney Bear
    you only saying that cause your a manly fan and we all know how much manly fans love the beloved north sydney bears!

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    The only premierships the Bears won was during the WW2 when most of the top players were fighting the war. I guess the Bears players were too soft to go to war. Looks like nothing changed over the years. When the tough get going to Bears run away.

Any side that was in a major champsionship for 100 odd years and could win a title are easierly the biggest chokers ever. Had some very good players throughout their whole history, only problem they had some big chokers too.

Atleast all the other sides have won some titles.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

The only premierships the Bears won was during the WW2 when most of the top players were fighting the war. I guess the Bears players were too soft to go to war. Looks like nothing changed over the years. When the tough get going to Bears run away.

Any side that was in a major champsionship for 100 odd years and could win a title are easierly the biggest chokers ever. Had some very good players throughout their whole history, only problem they had some big chokers too.

Atleast all the other sides have won some titles.
    thats not very nice mate! lol

i still love the beloved bears !

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Parramatta would have to be up there aswell. There's no way they should have lost the first night grand final when they led by some ridiculous margin at half time. They have made numerous final 8s and somehow managed to screw it up.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Parramatta would have to be up there aswell. There's no way they should have lost the first night grand final when they led by some ridiculous margin at half time. They have made numerous final 8s and somehow managed to screw it up.
    Won more titles then most teams though. Haven't lost that many GF in reality, just haven't won a title for a while.

Burger Time Champion!
    Won more titles then most teams though. Haven't lost that many GF in reality, just haven't won a title for a while.
    Yeah, but if we include the South African side in this. They haven't made the finals, they don't get there.

Yeah, but if we include the South African side in this. They haven't made the finals, they don't get there.
    Yeah but the difference is Parramatta have actually won titles and quite a few. South Africa haven't won anything.

WTF Wright? Newcastle were up massive at half time and Parra came back and nearly won it.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    WTF Wright? Newcastle were up massive at half time and Parra came back and nearly won it.
    Haha. Yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. Cancel my Parramatta argument.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Collingwood Football Club if we're talking throughout history. They've done it consistently for over a hundred years.
    Hull FC have a fine historical record of losing finals. 1 Super League grand final, 0 wins. 13 Challenge Cup finals (+ 2 replays), 3 wins (including 1 replay). 5 Premiership finals, 1 win. 18 Yorkshire Cup finals (+ 1 replay), 5 wins.

Reckon Newcastle United would have had a shot at this back in the 90s. Blew a 12 point lead in the Premiership in 96. Splashed 15 million on the most prolific goalscorer in the league for the next season and still only finished 2nd. The two FA cup finals in the next two years, both lost (against far superior opposition, albeit).

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Who are the biggest chokers in world sport?
    All Blacks
    I read that and thought omg, then realised, the NZ union team, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Can Cronulla count? Been around for 40 years and haven't won anything.

I guess the reason why the Spanish football team would be linked to the fact a lot of the regions don't consider themself Spanish, one way not to make local friends in San Sebastian or Bilbao is to call them Spanish, when they are Basque and Spanish second, same in Cataluyna, Carles Puyol will probably (I say that because I've never met him obviously) tell you he is Catalan instead of Spanish. The same would probably be true in Galicia (far north-west, above Portugal) . Also if you include the history of Franco when he ruled with an iron fist and the civil war before that.

Brazil '98 should also be included as well.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Haha. Yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. Cancel my Parramatta argument.
    No mate, as an Eels fan I think we can certainly be claimed as "chokers" in the Brian Smith era. That GF loss was against a team we had beaten 40-0 a few weeks earlier and we'd broken just about every record there was to break that year. Two seasons earlier in 1999 we'd lost to Melbourne in the Preliminary Final after leading well at half time.

The year before that, however, in 1998, was the most galling of all - we led the Doggies 18-2 in the preliminary final with 10 minutes to go...and lost.

For all that though, and I hate to say it, I think Greg Norman must sadly be at or near the top of the choking pile. How he hasn't won more than 2 majors I'll never know.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information